Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why the hate from some of y’all on wearing a suit?

I don’t want to wear one every day, but damn I look good when I do suit up. 

I agree. Not every day, but every now and then. I'm guessing some people hating on suites probably can't fit in one very well or wear a hat to bed. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

By the way, I have flown in suits for business trips and, let me tell you, if you wear a suit, they treat you 100X better.  You just exude a "he must be important" vibe.  It is extremely noticeable.

No suit, you might as well be riff-raff, walking the plank.

Same thing happens to me when I show up at Walmart to do some shopping not wearing a suit and tie.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Why the hate from some of y’all on wearing a suit?

I don’t want to wear one every day, but damn I look good when I do suit up. 

During the pandemic and all the time I was out of work I didn't even put on jeans.  I think for 13 months I wore shorts , sweats or pajamas.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Re: suits...I have a bunch to say on the subject but will save it for Cresters Corner.  I'm glad the students are having some fun with coach's sideline apparel, but as you'll soon see in CC, I have a very different opinion on dressing for success.

Whatever Woody wears, if it inspires IU's guys to beat the holy hell out of the Toiletmakers, I'm good with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

By the way, I have flown in suits for business trips and, let me tell you, if you wear a suit, they treat you 100X better.  You just exude a "he must be important" vibe.  It is extremely noticeable.

No suit, you might as well be riff-raff, walking the plank.

100%. I almost always wear a blazer at least when I’m traveling for work and it makes a major difference in how you’re treated.

And frankly, if I’m traveling for work I want to be pampered. It makes it at least a little bit worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

During the pandemic and all the time I was out of work I didn't even put away n jeans.  I think for 13 months I wore shorts , sweats or pajamas.

I work from home and probably wear jeans or chinos 75% of the time with something nice on top (button down, polo, quarter zip, etc)