Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

13 minutes ago, rico said:

We need a "D" game out of Ivey.  Something along the lines of 5-18 from the field, 1-7 behind the arc, and 1-2 from the charity stripe.

While we are making requests, can we sprinkle in about 5 turnovers and fouling three point shooters about 3 times? 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

By the way, I have flown in suits for business trips and, let me tell you, if you wear a suit, they treat you 100X better.  You just exude a "he must be important" vibe.  It is extremely noticeable.

No suit, you might as well be riff-raff, walking the plank.

One of the best days of my life was when my company went business casual.  I absolutely loathed having to put a suit and tie on every day, ironing my shirts at night (or in the morning), and picking up and dropping off at the dry cleaners.  I can't imagine going back to a work environment where I had to do that again.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I promised myself to NOT overreact, regardless of the outcome tonight. I hope I can stick to that! 

I will probably overreact to a degree if we win.  I won't declare us national champions or anything.  But, I may run around the house screaming for a good while and make fun of all Purdue fans I know.

If we lose, I'm honestly expecting it, and don't think I'll react any differently if it's by 2 points or by 35.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I will probably overreact to a degree if we win.  I won't declare us national champions or anything.  But, I may run around the house screaming for a good while and make fun of all Purdue fans I know.

If we lose, I'm honestly expecting it, and don't think I'll react any differently if it's by 2 points or by 35.

If we win I do believe I will have another "Wat Shot" reaction.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

All breakables and dangerous objects have been removed from my man cave by my wife...

The day Haarms blatantly went over Juwan's back for the game winning basket, my wife said I made RMK's Purdue rant (which she thinks is hilarious) sound like a church sermon...

I usually setup extra pillows in corners of couch so when the remote goes flying it won't break. Let's just say on that play I went a little high on my throw....new remote the next day.

I'm really going to try and just watch this one but I know as 7 gets closer and the Coors Light is flowing it's only going to take one bad call or whatever to remind me why despise Purdue so much. 

In terms of the game. Purdue is really good. How the officials call the paint will determine this one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

This is exactly where I am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

One of the best days of my life was when my company went business casual.  I absolutely loathed having to put a suit and tie on every day, ironing my shirts at night (or in the morning), and picking up and dropping off at the dry cleaners.  I can't imagine going back to a work environment where I had to do that again.

Mine went from Business Casual which was nice for khaki and polo to dress for the day.  Most days when i was in the office it was jeans and a company t-shit or long sleeve.  Business Casual when i had any important meeting or without outside vendors.  Since pandemic, i have worked from home in either short or warm-up pants and i hate wearing jeans now to work lol

29 minutes ago, rico said:

If we win I do believe I will have another "Wat Shot" reaction.  

God i remember watching this with my friends at a holiday party and we're just standing there talking and it got all quiet for the final drive up the court and when he hit that shot, even though my friends are Iowa fans we were all just jumping up and down yelling.  The wives in the room defiantly gave us some really weird looks like WTF is going on over there.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Haha 1