Purdue pre-game….

Artesian_86

17 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Which sealed your fate with he who we will not speak his name as he redshirts 

15 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

It did not help that is for sure. 

Purdue was ahead of IU in that recruitment from Day 1.  Painter built a great relationship with him as a player and a person.  Archie simply recruited him as a basketball player.  Would have been interesting, though, to see what would have happened had Woodson been hired a year earlier.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Purdue was ahead of IU in that recruitment from Day 1.  Painter built a great relationship with him as a player and a person.  Archie simply recruited him as a basketball player.  Would have been interesting, though, to see what would have happened had Woodson been hired a year earlier.  

Covid helped Purdue too?

he couldn’t do a bunch of visits 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Covid helped Purdue too?

he couldn’t do a bunch of visits 

Purdue was on him much earlier.  There is no question about that.  But, it was more than that.  I personally don't think Covid had anything to do with it.  Archie could have visited him every day and would not have formed the connection he had with Painter.  

Woodson's NBA experience could have been something that may have been a factor in the decision if it had been in play at the time.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

I am going to get super high for this game tonight. Really helps me put it into perspective and not freak out if things go bad, but also a hell of a ride when things go well.

The videos of Coach Woodson waving to the crowd waiting in line have got me hyped. 

I will not be posting on the game thread though. Do not want to pull a Bill Walton on my IU brothers. I don’t like Bruce Hornsby, but still…

• Like 4