Bracketology 2021-2022

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think that's a reasonable assessment...

All of the next 3 games scare me a little...

Maryland has the talent to beat anybody (they've beaten Illinois and Rutgers)

We have historically never had good luck at the Barn 

And Rutgers is playing pretty well, even in their loss at Mackey...

Tough road, but if we want in, we have to win the next 3...

I really want to be optimistic, and say we should/will win the next three but….. 

image.gif.920b76c1855d7ea42d35152431ad7439.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, madmax said:

So what’s the consensus at this point… we need to win 3 straight vs Maryland, Minnesota, and Rutgers(who is very good of late). 

Does that get us in at 19-11 with a loss to Purdue? Or do we need some games in the B10?

I think we have to win 3 more in the regular season. Also if we finish 9th and have to play the first day we can't lose to the 14th place team.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The good news, and hopefully what the coaching staff is preaching, is that this team, these players, hold their destiny in their own hands. No hoping other teams lose. Just play hard, win against 3 beatable opponents, and move forward 

Something tells me that having our destiny in our own hands is a recipe for an ulcer.  

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 6:32 AM, rico said:

"Bracketville" updated this morning.  We are now a #11.  Both Rutgers and Michigan are First Four.

Don't like being on this line.  Need to pick up a win this week.  We could easily get left out being this close to the line.  Conference upset and bid stealers could easily push us to the first 4 out.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

21 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Don't like being on this line.  Need to pick up a win this week.  We could easily get left out being this close to the line.  Conference upset and bid stealers could easily push us to the first 4 out.

Like it or not we are squarely on the bubble.  We can take care of it...just win out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd really like to know how a 7-9 Iowa St team is slotted 7th in most brackets. What am I missing here? Sure they have a few quality wins...just like us. 

IA ST has 9 Quad 1 wins (9-7 in Q1 games). In all of CBB, only Baylor and Kansas have more. IU is 3-6 in Q1 games. 

• Like 1