Bracketology 2021-2022

14 minutes ago, KDB said:

The updated Bracket Matrix from this AM has Indiana in 133 of 143 brackets, and the last 11 seed.

It's a little better than that seems, too. While the matrix was updated this morning, the individual components that make up the matrix weren't all updated this morning, so a lot of those have not priced in the Illinois win. Those that were updated today have a noticeably better seed for us. 11 still sounds right, but a comfortable 11.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HoagieRoll said:

We're not going to be playing in Dayton...right? Ugh

4 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Highly unlikely

We need to root against Virginia Tech and Texas A&M.  If those two win conference championships, I think we're in Dayton.  If they don't, they will both likely be in Dayton, making it less likely we are.  

26 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I don’t see any way we are in Dayton.  That will be the last 4 in group I think

They'll put us in Dayton just so the announcers can have the Archie Miller left Dayton and got fired from Indiana last year storyline...please for the love of god don't do this to Indiana.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SawatchHoosier said:

So if VT isn't in the play-in I still feel Indiana is above Rutgers and Notre Dame. Kind of feel like if the committee is gonna look at the entire season we're ahead of those two teams. Probably wrong though.

I think if VT wins, we are probably fine, but if VT and Texas AM wins, I would be a little worried 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

What are teams supposed to do when one player catches fire from 3? Cattoor is 6/6 from 3 and the team is 9 for 12. 

Sometimes you just tip your hat to the other team.

I know a lot on the board don't watch NBA ball, but we play an NBA style defense and the reason those who don't watch it a lot probably don't think the NBA plays defense is because of the high-level shot making. Good offense beats good defense in basketball. 

• Like 3