Bracketology 2021-2022

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Dayton is a real possibility if Virginia Tech beats Duke.  If that happens Texas A&M beats Tennessee tomorrow, it's very likely we will be in Dayton.

Dayton is not what we want, but considering where we were before the BTT, we can't complain about it.  

The great thing is Indiana fans will travel to in high numbers to Dayton so it's not the worse thing on earth.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Dayton is a real possibility if Virginia Tech beats Duke.  If that happens Texas A&M beats Tennessee tomorrow, it's very likely we will be in Dayton.

Dayton is not what we want, but considering where we were before the BTT, we can't complain about it.  

So we really did not make tournament we get to play a game to get in!!

• Confused 1

The First Four is nothing to be ashamed of.  IU fans need to step back and be thankful we won against Illinois.  Otherwise, the Texas A&M and VaTech runs may have resulted in us not getting in at all.

We were 9-11 in on conference and played a terrible non-conference slate.

Are we playing like a top 25 team?  Yes.  But, that is not what gets you in the tournament.  We're going to get in.  Be happy whether it's Dayton or not.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

The is spot on. I wonder if in the long term the NBA and college will make rule changes to even things out. I doubt it cause fans love watching shots go in but something in me wishes things could be a bit more balanced. 

I honestly don't even know how much you can really do it in basketball with how skilled guys are. In some sports, like football, you can absolutely shift things with the rules but with basketball it's pretty tough.

The disappointing thing to think about is what our seed line would be if we could have pulled out a few of those close games.

Both UW games.

Rutgers.

OSU.

Iowa today.

At Purdue.

Not saying all of them but 3 or 4 of them we could be looking at a 5 or 6 seed.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

It's called the Field of 68, not the Field of 64 plus 4 teams that did not make the tournament but got to play a game to get in. Get some new material, troll. 

I'm probably not much older than you but I remember when IU was a lock based on reputation. The NCAA field now is ridiculous. 

I still would be surprised if we were in the play in games. If you look at lunardi's predictions, I seriously doubt Rutgers or Iowa state is ahead of us at this point.

Even if VT and A&M win tomorrow, I think IU ends up an 11 or non-play-in 12.

Edit: VT won tonight.

Edited by rogue3542

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I know you go to B'town 4 days a week, but can't you do better than Taco bell?

And we all know you go commando... well , umm this ,, just damn man! Just damn! :) 😄

I usually take home Mother Bears or Cracker Barrel.  Just got Taco bell in town for 4th meal. 

Yeah, underwear didn't make it home. I threw those rank ass drawers in the trash at work. 

• Haha 2