Bracketology 2021-2022

8 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm probably not much older than you but I remember when IU was a lock based on reputation. The NCAA field now is ridiculous. 

I remember it too. 20 wins used to make us automatic. 

I'm just glad they stopped calling the Dayton games the first round, and Thursday/Friday the second round. That was just dumb. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

I still would be surprised if we were in the play in games. If you look at lunardi's predictions, I seriously doubt Rutgers or Iowa state is ahead of us at this point.

Even if VT and A&M win tomorrow, I think IU ends up an 11 or non-play-in 12.

Edit: VT won tonight.

The problem with bubble teams taking the auto bids is the last four at-larges are higher up the seed list.  The first four is likely to include 2-4 11 seeds.  

For me personally, whoever / wherever / whenever is fine.  First four or not.  Beat whoever they put in front of you.   If you can take out a high seed, you get to steal their path to the Final Four.  The BTT worked out fine despite what appeared to be “the worst case scenario” in the way the bracket fell.  Hopefully everyone stays healthy and let’s see what we’ve got!

• Like 6

Here are the rules about teams meeting from the same conference….

Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional final if they played each other three or more times during the regular season and conference tournament. 

Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season and conference tournament

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Figures doesn't it??

My issue with playing in Dayton is, isn't that a Tuesday game? If so, after playing 3 straight grueling games, it doesn't give the guys much time to recuperate.....

Two (I think) 11 seeds will not be playing in the playing in the play in games.  So, we could be an 11 seed and play on Thursday or Friday.

Edit: 3 11 seeds don't play in a play in game.  Palm (for example) has us playing the 6 seed LSU in Pittsburgh.  11 seed Memphis plays Texas and 11 seed Loyola playing Iowa.

Notre Dame and San Francisco are 11 seeds that play each other in Dayton.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

To ensure we avoid Dayton, we need Davidson and Tennessee to win today. I don’t think we’re at a risk of missing the tournament, but I think we could be in the first four if Richmond and Texas A&M win. 

Andy Katz agrees with you.

57 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

To ensure we avoid Dayton, we need Davidson and Tennessee to win today. I don’t think we’re at a risk of missing the tournament, but I think we could be in the first four if Richmond and Texas A&M win. 

I think if Davidson loses to Richmond it is more likely Davidson ends up in Dayton. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

But then Richmond steals a bid which might push us down. Currently Davidson is a 10 seed on bracket matrix so it’s safer if they win and leave Richmond out of the field altogether. 

I think a quad 3 loss puts Davidson behind us, but we shall see. Most brackets currently assume Davidson has an auto bid. 

Been looking at the numbers and bracket projections, and I find it interesting that most have Michigan (17-14) in the tournament but Oklahoma (18-15) out.  The resumes look really, really similar.  Also looking forward to seeing what they do with Rutgers, and why.  My opinion is they’re not close enough to the cut line in the metrics to ignore the bad losses and put them in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have to admit, I did not know that the Delphi bracketology we hear about quite a bit is put out by a club in the high school in Indiana.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/indiana/sports/high-school-club-in-delphi-delves-into-bracketology/article_53179777-c3c0-56ce-aa22-d9868dce21c4.html

Town needs to be known for something positive 💔

• Like 2