Bracketology 2021-2022

8 hours ago, Hippopotamo said:

We’ve been riding up in the seed lines just from teams around us starting to lose. Huge opportunity these next couple weeks for IU to solidify themselves in a good position. 

Saturday will be huge. The next couple of weeks will be a gauntlet, but the wins over OSU and PU plus Illinois would really look good on the resume. 

• Like 1

Someone explain the NET to me.  Specifically, how is Auburn not #1 in the NET

• Auburn has the best record in the country
  • Auburn has 6 road victories.  Gonzaga has 1.
  • Auburn has 7 Quad 1 wins.  Gonzaga has 3.  Houston has ZERO.  Arizona has 1
  • Auburn has only played 3 Quad 4 games.  Gonzaga has played 11.  Houston has played 7.  Arizona has played 6.

For heaven's sake NCAA.  If all the metrics you use to compile your rating all favor one team, how is that team behind the other 3 in the overall ranking.  

image.png.6e9a2d060c39f941f8f620665e65c63c.png

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

• Auburn has only played 3 Quad 4 games.  Gonzaga has played 11.  Houston has played 7.  Arizona has played 6.

For heaven's sake NCAA.  If all the metrics you use to compile your rating all favor one team, how is that team behind the other 3 in the overall ranking.  

In my opinion, the pointspread regression is given a little too much weight in the NET.  Gonzaga wins their games by a big margin and Auburn generally doesn’t.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

In my opinion, the pointspread regression is given a little too much weight in the NET.  Gonzaga wins their games by a big margin and Auburn generally doesn’t.  

It doesn't take a genius to look at that and realize it's faulty.  Apparently, no one in the NCAA appears to understand or care.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It doesn't take a genius to look at that and realize it's faulty.  Apparently, no one in the NCAA appears to understand or care.  

Honestly it probably has to do more with admitting they’re wrong and that NET isn’t any good than anything else. Knowing the NCAA, they’ll probably be too stubborn to make a change to it for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think the NCAA (as well as the media for sure) actually likes having controversy around all of it. Continuous, heated debates for months prior to selection Sunday. It's all part of the "madness" baby!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah it’s absurd. And for my money, Auburn is the best team in the country right now by a wide margin.

We will see what happens over the next two months, but if I were picking today I’d take Auburn over the field. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Who do you put in their league? 

A few teams...Zaga, Purdue, UCLA...it's just Auburn's time right now. No doubt they're great, but not in a league of their own. Just my opinion. This could be the year where 10-12 teams will have a chance to win it all if they get favorable tourney draws. 

2 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

A few teams...Zaga, Purdue, UCLA...it's just Auburn's time right now. No doubt they're great, but not in a league of their own. Just my opinion. This could be the year where 10-12 teams will have a chance to win it all if they get favorable tourney draws. 

I just don’t see it that way and think it’s a little unfair to Auburn to say it’s just their time right now; their only loss was in double OT to a good team on a neutral court.

Auburn is the most complete, deep team in the country. They’ve got the best front court in college basketball (only team in the same ballpark is Gonzaga) and loads of dynamic, game changing guards and wings. You can’t just focus on slowing down 1 or 2 guys because they have about 7 guys that could start on almost any team in the country. 

5 hours ago, slojoe said:

That swirling sound you hear is the ACC!

NC ST is in last place in a very weak ACC, in Keatts fifth season. Would NC ST fire Keatts and take a chance on Archie Miller? When the job opened in 2017, Archie's dad said Archie wouldn't go there due to a lack of trust in the Administration. The AD was replaced in 2019. There were also some rumors that Archie thought he was too good for the job (if true, one would think he's more humble now). 

With coaching changes at Duke, UNC (Davis in first year) and LVille, Boeheim, Hamilton and Larranaga all in their 70s, etc, the ACC could be wide open for a program to move up. Could Archie accomplish something at his alma mater that he couldn't do at IU? Would NC ST take the chance? 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

NC ST is in last place in a very weak ACC, in Keatts fifth season. Would NC ST fire Keatts and take a chance on Archie Miller? When the job opened in 2017, Archie's dad said Archie wouldn't go there due to a lack of trust in the Administration. The AD was replaced in 2019. There were also some rumors that Archie thought he was too good for the job (if true, one would think he's more humble now). 

With coaching changes at Duke, UNC (Davis in first year) and LVille, Boeheim, Hamilton and Larranaga all in their 70s, etc, the ACC could be wide open for a program to move up. Could Archie accomplish something at his alma mater that he couldn't do at IU? Would NC ST take the chance? 

Potentially could be a great fit. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Interesting theory.