Bracketology 2021-2022

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Figures doesn't it??

My issue with playing in Dayton is, isn't that a Tuesday game? If so, after playing 3 straight grueling games, it doesn't give the guys much time to recuperate.....

I mean, if I’m running the committee, I’m doing what i can to get an IU/UK matchup. It used to be a terrific rivalry, it’s always a little extra intense, and it will get decent ratings, too. It’s a game that i think a lot of college basketball fans in general want to see.

It really is a shame that they can’t figure out how to get this game back on the schedule every year. 

38 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think we can get to the Sweet 16 if we avoid Dayton. 

It seems ridiculous to see/hear but I can’t disagree. 

I can’t imagine playing anyone in the first round that’s better than the Illinois team they just beat. Then it’s a matter of winning the second game and BOOM. Sweet Sixteen. 

• Like 2

I think we will be lucky to just get in the play in game…with Texas A&M and Virginia Tech likely leap frogging us and if Richmond wins well I won’t feel good at all come selection time. We left too many games on the floor this year. Close losses are still losses at the end of day and our non-conference did us no help.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think we will be lucky to just get in the play in game…with Texas A&M and Virginia Tech likely leap frogging us and if Richmond wins well I won’t feel good at all come selection time. We left too many games on the floor this year. Close losses are still losses at the end of day and our non-conference did us no help.

I don’t think so, they’d likely push out a Xavier or smaller conf team. I think we’re safe from play in game. I sure hope anyway 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

NCAA HQ is in Indy. I'm for stormng their offices if IU does not get in. Make Ukraine look like a play date.

We have nothing to worry about in getting in and honestly I think we don't have a thing to worry about playing in Dayton. Kind of surprised some think that. 

• Like 3