Bracketology 2021-2022

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is why I hate just using metrics to determine the selections.  If you just watch the teams there is no way Iowa St. is better than IU.  They were 7-11 in conference and lost their first conference tournament game.  I get you have to use some metrics but give me people who knows basketball and pick the best teams. We listen to some computer geeks who never played sports in their life.  Rant over.

They lost they’re B12 tourney game to TX Tech 72-41

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if I told you last Sunday you had to beat Wyoming and St Marys to give yourself a shot at the Sw16? 

I'd sign it in blood

Same! I don't know a ton about these teams, but from what I've heard so far Wyoming isn't one of these crazy 3pt shooting mid-majors and St. Mary's plays at a very slow pace which could play to our advantage. 

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if I told you last Sunday you had to beat Wyoming and St Marys to give yourself a shot at the Sw16? 

I'd sign it in blood

Agree

If IU shoots even average they are a serious threat to play Bruins for SS

purdue fans whining about draw too 

Edited by Purdue7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Agree

If IU shoots even average they are a serious threat to play Bruins in SS

purdue fans whining about draw too 

We would play UCLA in the Round of 32.  When you are in Dayton to start the tourney, you have to win 3 games to get to Sweet 16.   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Yup bc playing today would’ve had no impact on our seeding win or loss

I don't know that playing today would have helped our seeding, but I think beating Iowa would have. Win yesterday and I don't think we're in the Dayton round. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't know that playing today would have helped our seeding, but I think beating Iowa would have. Win yesterday and I don't think we're in the Dayton round. 

I have to disagree after seeing what the committee did with seeding this year. The only way to get out of the play in would have been to win the conference tournament. Look what happened to Texas A&M.

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Same! I don't know a ton about these teams, but from what I've heard so far Wyoming isn't one of these crazy 3pt shooting mid-majors and St. Mary's plays at a very slow pace which could play to our advantage. 

I have seen both but not a full game. Wyoming had a talk PG who has come close to a few triple doubles.  They have a 6'8 inside guy who is a lefty but like TJD doesn't go outside.  St Mary's is not very athletic but have a lot of older players who have high basketball IQ's

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I also think this has to do with money and exposure for the Dayton games.

Just watch, our game will be a sold out, 80+% IU crowd, and the TV ratings will break records for the first four.

They always sell out the first four in Dayton so having IU there won't make a difference.

• Like 1

Thought about the seed for a bit. Screw it. So much why did this happen to us, woe is me,etc..to us talk. Beat Wyoming Tuesday and go beat a St. Mary's team on Thursday night that honestly just isn't good. TJD should dominate. St Mary's is a slower version of two teams we beat this week.

Nothing to gain from the bitc-ing about stuff. Time to just deal with circumstances and let's roll. Chance at S16 is there.

PS...we're in the tourney and that feels good again. Year 1. 

• Like 6