Bracketology 2021-2022

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

did you have to look that up or did you remember that.  Iowa beat us right?  Luke Rekker year?

Ok we had that 1 year.  Otherwise we never show in the BTT.  Just been out kryptonite 

We made it to the semis in 2002 and got beat by Iowa again.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

no one is surprised by this statement.  You are and always will be the NCAA Mens basketball know it all encyclopedia of knowledge.  I am happy for you.

I could tell you who were in the final four from 1976-2014.  For some reason I have a harder time remembering the last few years.

18 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I hate the fact we have never went on a run at all in the BTT from my memory.  Always a first or second round departure

In fairness, we only won two games in that tournament because of the first round bye so your comment of “never been on a run” stands in my book. Now you have to win at least 3 just to get to the finals. We seem to always lose in humiliating fashion in that damn event 

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

In fairness, we only won two games in that tournament because of the first round bye so your comment of “never been on a run” stands in my book. Now you have to win at least 3 just to get to the finals. We seem to always lose in humiliating fashion in that damn event 

It would be nice to win the damn thing before I die.

20 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Not if you get the double bye

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Wow...I knew it was bad and I'd heard the rumblings about UNC not playing any defense, but hadn't paid enough attention to know exactly just how bad it is.  Hubert Davis is making Patrick Ewing and Penny Hardaway look like good coaches.  Entered the year with (1) plenty of talent and (2) plenty of experience and simply can't beat ANYBODY that is decent.

I don't know how on earth you can call that anything but a catastrophic coaching failure.  I wasn't joking about Patrick and Penny.  As bad as they are looking, I don't think it's possible to say they've been as bad as Hubert Davis.  Sometimes, it's obvious you've made a bad decision and it's best to swallow that bitter pill and move on.  If I'm UNC's AD, I'm negotiating Davis' buy-out. Right. Now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Wow...I knew it was bad and I'd heard the rumblings about UNC not playing any defense, but hadn't paid enough attention to know exactly just how bad it is.  Hubert Davis is making Patrick Ewing and Penny Hardaway look like good coaches.  Entered the year with (1) plenty of talent and (2) plenty of experience and simply can't beat ANYBODY that is decent.

I don't know how on earth you can call that anything but a catastrophic coaching failure.  I wasn't joking about Patrick and Penny.  As bad as they are looking, I don't think it's possible to say they've been as bad as Hubert Davis.  Sometimes, it's obvious you've made a bad decision and it's best to swallow that bitter pill and move on.  If I'm UNC's AD, I'm negotiating Davis' buy-out. Right. Now.

They are 16-7 which is not up to their standards but I wouldn't fire him after one year.  We are 16-6 so you want us to but out Woodson after this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They are 16-7 which is not up to their standards but I wouldn't fire him after one year.  We are 16-6 so you want us to but out Woodson after this year.

They were down 31-8 against Duke the other night and I think Miami had them down by almost 40 in a game a few weeks ago. 

I've never understood this belief that you have to give a coach several years. Look what that got us with Archie Miller. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It's not their record so much as how they've lost.  They are literally 0-7 in quad one wins.  Also, do you honestly think IU had more talent and experience than Hubert was handed?  I don't.  Before you get hung up on their raw record, dig a little deeper.  I'd be embarrassed if IU played the kind of porous defense UNC has this year.

Trajectory is very telling...look at IU's trajectory vs. UNC.  They are not even in the same universe.

I stand by my assessment.  Hubert has done a terrible job with what he was handed and deserves the hook.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

When I watched UNC a couple of times early in the year, they didn't play any defense...Pretty sorry to be that bad (ranked 250th) defensively with the athletes they have (9 top 70 kids on the roster)...

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I like to watch random Big East games when time allows.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can make Patrick Ewing look like a good coach.    

• Haha 1