Dressing for Success: To Suit or not to Suit...

FKIM01

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Having to tough it out in the 'cold', aren't you.  :coffee:

I'm not yet spoiled by Florida...I do miss the fall and the leaves changing and the outdoor events etc but I can also see why people don't want to move back after they have been here awhile. I mostly just don't miss the dreary days of no sun more than anything. The joggers look nice though....even in Summer once the sun goes down and you get the breeze coming off the Gulf...pants aren't a bad thing.

• Like 1

So, for my first serious post in this thread.  

I do have a suit that probably doesn't fit anymore. 

For work it's jeans and a collared shirt most days. For job interviews I read the room but at a minimum charcoal colored slacks and a dress shirt. Usually black. Rarely a tie. If I wear one it's white. Because that's the only one I have. 

I really only wear 4 colors no matter the type of clothing. Charcoal/gray, navy/dark blue, black, and my socks are white. 

My biggest problem is finding nice comfortable dress shoes for these canoes they call feet. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

I even stopped wearing suits to job interviews. Just seems silly now when you're the only one in the room wearing a suit, and typically everyone else is in jeans or at least some form if casual. 

I also found I was usually going to the interview from the current job, so what am I going to do, change into a suit in the car?

If they want me, a suit isn't going to make or break it, and if it did then I probably don't want to work there anyways. 

For job interviews it has been more of a mental thing, putting on the suit makes me feel more locked in. Of course now interviews are just on Zoom or Webex or whatever so kind of irrelevant. 😎 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:52 PM, dgambill said:

How do they fit? I've struggled ordering joggers online....usually too short in the leg or too baggy. I'm 6'1 and usually wear 34/34 pants. For the price they would be great for wearing around the house on the weekend or for taking the dog out on a walk on a cool evening.

Got mine. These things are pretty darn sweet for the price. Not disappointed at all.

As for sizing..

I am 6'2".  Pant sizes range from 32/34 waist and 34 inseam.

I got the medium after much internal debate.

They are plently long, which is hard for me to find. 

If I gain 5 lbs they may be a tad tight. I am right in between sizes. 

Very happy with the purchase.

• Thanks 1

So I was told to wear a dress shirt and tie, as this afternoon I'm on an interview panel for positions at Miami and Indy Centers...So I picked this one 😁 

PXL_20220126_145237730.thumb.jpg.9cb563edb7cb9de1bf776011de35df1f.jpg

I was also told that to the Indy interviewees my first question could not be, "Who did you root for in the IU-Purdue game last Thursday?"

😡

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t even think I OWN a suit anymore. 

The last time I even wore one was 12 years ago at my wedding.  In fact, I think the last time before that was at my first wedding 26 years ago 🤔

For work it’s been scrubs everyday for 30 years. Home, it’s mainly T-shirt and shorts, until it starts getting TOO cold out, then it’s T-shirt and blue jeans. Church, usually khakis and polo or nice button up. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, HoosierFaithful said:

I love a good suit. I had a family member work at Nordstrom fir twenty years - the discounts helped me buy most of what I own. 

I wear a polo or a button down and jeans or khakis most days. Shorts in the heat. I love a blazer with jeans and dress shoes. Add a nice watch and you look classy while still being Relatively comfortable.

Apparently we’re the fashionistas of the thread. 🤣

This is pretty much my style exactly also. Before COVID, my usual office wear was blazer, button down and jeans. 

Re: the watch…My primary “dress” watch is a Seiko that I’ve owned for almost 20 years. Again, prior to COVID, I got more compliments on it in 12 months than I did in the previous 15 years. It finally dawned on me….a nice watch stands out because it’s not what everyone else in the room has on, meaning an Apple Watch.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, IUFLA said:

So I was told to wear a dress shirt and tie, as this afternoon I'm on an interview panel for positions at Miami and Indy Centers...So I picked this one 😁 

I was also told that to the Indy interviewees my first question could not be, "Who did you root for in the IU-Purdue game last Thursday?"

😡

I own the same tie!! 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:04 AM, IUFLA said:

😡

The hat is a nice accessory.

• Haha 1