2022 QB Brendan Sorsby Commits to Indiana

btownqb

Has himself listed as 6'3 220lbs 4.64 40 

He threw for 1300 yards 14TDs 3INTs and ran for 800 yards and 15TDs in 7 games. He avged 8 yards a carry. He plays in one of the three largest divisions in TX. 

https://247sports.com/player/brendan-sorsby-46114483/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/brendan-sorsby-280570 listed at 6'3 215lbs here

I do like that Army and Navy are interested, they obviously believe his legs are good enough to play there. I see this kid as a gadget type kid early on. I'm more than intrigued after watching film. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Has himself listed as 6'3 220lbs 4.64 40 

He threw for 1300 yards 14TDs 3INTs and ran for 800 yards and 15TDs in 7 games. He avged 8 yards a carry. He plays in one of the three largest divisions in TX. 

https://247sports.com/player/brendan-sorsby-46114483/

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2022/brendan-sorsby-280570 listed at 6'3 215lbs here

I do like that Army and Navy are interested, they obviously believe his legs are good enough to play there. I see this kid as a gadget type kid early on. I'm more than intrigued after watching film. 

Are we thinking a “Tim Tebow” game manager who can move the ball with his legs and short/intermediate passes or is Peyton Ramsey a better comparison?

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Are we thinking a “Tim Tebow” game manager who can move the ball with his legs and short/intermediate passes or is Peyton Ramsey a better comparison?

From that film, Tebow. This is who I thought of when I watched the film. I also think he could be our "4th down" back or short yardage back. DM wasn't bad at it at all last year, but this kid seems more like a downhill runner. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'm pretty excited

I like this because this kid has enough size and athleticism he could be used as a gadget guy early on and if things don’t work out at QB he could potentially move to another position. That said he looks like he has some good tools for the staff to work with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I like this because this kid has enough size and athleticism he could be used as a gadget guy early on and if things don’t work out at QB he could potentially move to another position. That said he looks like he has some good tools for the staff to work with. 

I agree completely. I think he is our goal line back. I really do. I love that he plays outfield. 4.64 is a very, very solid 40 for his size and age. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure you can count on him moving to another position if QB doesn't work out.  Could just as easily transfer if we try that.

Glad it looks like we may be able to add a good QB or at least one that looks good.  Interesting that we are going after mobile QB here but picked an immobile transfer QB.  

Edited by iuswingman

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

I'm not sure you can count on him moving to another position if QB doesn't work out.  Could just as easily transfer if we try that.

Glad it looks like we may be able to add a good QB or at least one that looks good.  Interesting that we are going after mobile QB here but picked an immobile transfer QB.  

I never said to count on him moving positions but it could be an option. As for the mobile verses immobile some of you guys look to much into that. Most offenses aren’t a one size fits all. The can be tweaked and adjusted to fit the QB’s skill set. Look at Notre Dame for example. Jack Cone was a statue, Drew Pyne can move a little, and Tyler Buchner is a dual threat. All 3 QB’s they had this year were different. That’s just one example of what many schools have around the country.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I never said to count on him moving positions but it could be an option. As for the mobile verses immobile some of you guys look to much into that. Most offenses aren’t a one size fits all. The can be tweaked and adjusted to fit the QB’s skill set. Look at Notre Dame for example. Jack Cone was a statue, Drew Pyne can move a little, and Tyler Buchner is a dual threat. All 3 QB’s they had this year were different. That’s just one example of what many schools have around the country.

Correct

• KDB changed the title to 2022 QB Brendan Sorsby Commits to Indiana

Nice.  They filled the spot that Allen openly said he wanted filled and it seems like they got the guy they wanted this late in the process. 

Other than some opportunity that falls out of the sky in the portal (maybe after spring practices), I believe they filled all the spots they wanted both with freshmen and transfers.  They did a great job addressing needs.  Player development time now.

I hope we keep the momentum rolling in the ‘23 class.  We’ve got a few new voices on the recruiting trail but Allen is obviously the constant and he is a draw to recruits.  

• Like 1

Every program needs to be minimally 2 deep and in some years 3 deep at QB. Could be the type of kid/player that is just a nice solid addition and in a couple of years he'll either surprise everyone or will be a very capable backup or whatever if called upon.  

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

Btw. 

He's ranked as a 4 star on ESPN and 247 has now ranked him as a 3 star. The rankings never mattered, but now those are fine too. 

At a conference all weekend and just now seeing this. After watching his video, I can see a bigger Trace McSorley skillset. 

Sorsby's ability to throw on the run is solid for a high school qb. With his size, he can really give defenses problems because it's 50/50 whether he'll run or pass when he rolls out. Like the pick up.  What are your overall thoughts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosierinbham said:

At a conference all weekend and just now seeing this. After watching his video, I can see a bigger Trace McSorley skillset. 

Sorsby's ability to throw on the run is solid for a high school qb. With his size, he can really give defenses problems because it's 50/50 whether he'll run or pass when he rolls out. Like the pick up.  What are your overall thoughts?

That's how I see it. It certainly seems like the level of competition he is playing is very good. The problem I run into is I want to see full game films with multiple camera angles. So hard to judge the players until you see that sort of thing. I think we can get an idea from the highlights, but it doesn't tell the whole story, ya know? I like that he can make plays with his legs, I like that he is very physical. 

I like that he wanted to be a Hoosier, mostly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1