2022 QB Brendan Sorsby Commits to Indiana

btownqb

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That's how I see it. It certainly seems like the level of competition he is playing is very good. The problem I run into is I want to see full game films with multiple camera angles. So hard to judge the players until you see that sort of thing. I think we can get an idea from the highlights, but it doesn't tell the whole story, ya know? I like that he can make plays with his legs, I like that he is very physical. 

I like that he wanted to be a Hoosier, mostly. 

Yeah, seeing him in different situations would be nice. Highlights are highlights for a reason. I like his tools, and it's great to know he's competed well against strong competition in Texas.  It will be fun to see how it translates to college, and how he develops. 

• Like 2

Kid has some very nice "tools" to work with. I'm not really worried if it doesn't work out. 4th QB etc he will work for a position and work towards climbing the charts. If something special comes out in practice etc and in a year or two he might be pushing for a starting job. I've seen top 5 qbs in classes move after a year, get beat out and transfer etc etc. We have someone that can come in right away and help next year already. We have a couple guys that are already in the room and progressing...taking a shot at a kid with the upside like his is perfectly fine. He get's better or he leaves for another opportunity. I prefer guys at IU to have mobility. We all know we will never have the talent and depth of a OSU/MICH/PSU etc. We will need guys that are comfortable both in and outside the pocket. That can take a broken protection and make something good out of it....and hopefully also can stand in the pocket when necessary and take a shot! Seen enough of our QBs getting beat up and not finishing. We likely aren't landing the next Arch Manning that will stand in the pocket and beat teams with his arm alone....and even if we have a guy like that can we protect him? I'm ok with a qb with a different skill set...and with some size and legs that will make him dangerous if teams lose contain.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tom Luginbill named Sorsby as his "Sleeper Recruit" of the 2022 cycle from a national perspective in an ESPN+ roundtable article posted in the last couple days.  Luginbill said Sorsby was "wildly missed throughout the recruiting process" and that he is a "terrific prospect and talented passer who was extremely productive at a high level in Texas".  The preview on the main ESPN page hinted that an IU recruit was mentioned as a sleeper and I was actually expecting it to be Jaylin Lucas. Cool to see a couple IU recruits viewed as big sleepers by the national guys.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/33208435/college-football-recruiting-roundtable-texas-class-best-ever-which-prospect-highest-ceiling

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Tom Luginbill named Sorsby as his "Sleeper Recruit" of the 2022 cycle from a national perspective in an ESPN+ roundtable article posted in the last couple days.  Luginbill said Sorsby was "wildly missed throughout the recruiting process" and that he is a "terrific prospect and talented passer who was extremely productive at a high level in Texas".  The preview on the main ESPN page hinted that an IU recruit was mentioned as a sleeper and I was actually expecting it to be Jaylin Lucas. Cool to see a couple IU recruits viewed as big sleepers by the national guys.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/33208435/college-football-recruiting-roundtable-texas-class-best-ever-which-prospect-highest-ceiling

Awesome stuff man. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to look at his Hudl and his stats.  Wasn’t a high volume passer but he made some really fine throws.  Ripped a couple of slants down the field beautifully and with some good velocity.  Threw downfield with touch.   His size, frame, and running speak for themselves.  He just builds a head of steam and just glides down the field.  I get that highlights can be misleading but I was looking at physical tools.  I couldn’t tell you about his accuracy or anticipation, but it’s typical for quarterbacks to have to develop in those areas.  Hopefully he will have at least two years before he’d play.  

I like that Allen and Bell were able to pull him in so late.  

Like that he will be able to compete with D Mac down the line.  

You never know.  How many QB’s come into college with tools but you don’t necessarily know which ones blossom.  Maybe this is one of those guys.  Bring a QB in every year and you’re bound to hit on some.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno