Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anybody here has heard of him, but 247 has him in the top 10 for his class (2021) I believe and his dad said he was ranked 24. He is from Forest Park H.S. in Indiana. I worked with his dad up until a few years ago and he made the comment his son wouldn't even consider IU as long as Crean was the coach. I haven't had the chance to see him play, but curious if anyone has seen or heard anything on him. 

Edited by 3Ballin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it does not matter if mom gave the IHSAA the finger or bowed at their feet in reverence while asking for mercy. It's an utterly stupid, one-sided rule that is unfair to one person.  The pla

Some questions I have (I know the answers, but I'm proving a point) If the player transferring for athletic reasons was the 7th ranked player on the boy's golf team, would Forest Park be fight

Got more of the skinny on this mess today from someone close to high school basketball but not at either Barr-Reeve or Forest Park.  This has got to be one of the worst camoflaged moves for athletic p

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Not sure if anybody here has heard of him, but 247 has him in the top 10 for his class (2021) I believe and his dad said he was ranked 24. He is from Forest Park H.S. in Indiana. I worked with his dad up until a few years ago and he made the comment his son wouldn't even consider IU as long as Crean was the coach. I haven't had the chance to see him play, but curious if anyone has seen or heard anything on him. 

I thought I read somewhere where he has an unofficial to IU coming up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I heard he's about 6'6" and not bad for a freshman...not sure he is a high major talent yet...I think he had an older brother go to Evansville a few years back

There's been two Hopfs that played at FP. Both were very good. I'm sure he's related.. just don't know how. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, btownqb said:

There's been two Hopfs that played at FP. Both were very good. I'm sure he's related.. just don't know how. 

He is the youngest brother in that family. Yes, both of his brothers played and were very good at FP and yes, one did play at E-ville. The whole family is big 'ole farm boys. 

DJ, when I looked at the 2021 recruits on 247 he was close to the top of the list. I didn't look close enough to see if there were actual rankings there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

He is the youngest brother in that family. Yes, both of his brothers played and were very good at FP and yes, one did play at E-ville. The whole family is big 'ole farm boys. 

DJ, when I looked at the 2021 recruits on 247 he was close to the top of the list. I didn't look close enough to see if there were actual rankings there. 

Link?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very close distance wise to Hopf. Will be mid major, with a chance to be high major. I'm skeptical about the high major part.... Honestly, I think it all depends on his body, and how he's used. Like others have said, his cousins played. They were fairly big. Had trouble keeping weight off, at least one of them did. Curious if Curt will stay slim (which is what would be best), or if he'll bulk up and play the low post the rest of HS.

I hope FP uses him like a 6'6" kid and not like a 6'10" kid. 6'6" is huge for the area, and he could tear it up playing down low. But it wouldn't be good for his game, collegiately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

He is the youngest brother in that family. Yes, both of his brothers played and were very good at FP and yes, one did play at E-ville. The whole family is big 'ole farm boys. 

DJ, when I looked at the 2021 recruits on 247 he was close to the top of the list. I didn't look close enough to see if there were actual rankings there. 

The first two were cousins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, btownqb said:

There's been two Hopfs that played at FP. Both were very good. I'm sure he's related.. just don't know how. 

My old High school Knightstown played them in the semi state in 2006 and they had two Hopfs on that team.  That was one of the best high school games I have seen in a long time with FP winning 79-76 with us missing a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

My old High school Knightstown played them in the semi state in 2006 and they had two Hopfs on that team.  That was one of the best high school games I have seen in a long time with FP winning 79-76 with us missing a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game.

Yes. That's when they were JR and SR. We beat them in the Regional when they were FR and SO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Kurt Comer and Ryan Sparks were both Indiana All stars aT JCD back in my day. Both have transferred their kids to Greensburg. 2 of the 10 or so in the last few years.

You go where  the good coaching is, I don’t blame them.  Greensburg coach is top notch.

Edited by IUwins0708
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...