Curt Hopf

3Ballin

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, I was kind of hoping you did want to argue that.  The wife is out of town this weekend and I don't have anyone to argue with.  

Well, if you REALLY want to argue, my wife is up for a challenge. I've become no match for her.

45 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, if Hope wants to play this year, apply for a voucher. There has to be a private school down there he can attend 

Honestly, probably not one within 50-60 miles of where he's at.  

Edit.  I should qualify  None within 50 miles of Forest Park  Washington Catholic would be within 10-12 miles of Barr-Reeve.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Honestly, probably not one within 50-60 miles of where he's at.  

Edit.  I should qualify  None within 50 miles of Forest Park  Washington Catholic would be within 10-12 miles of Barr-Reeve.  

W.C. is only 35 miles from Forest Park. Give or take a few blocks....

• 4 weeks later...

Got more of the skinny on this mess today from someone close to high school basketball but not at either Barr-Reeve or Forest Park.  This has got to be one of the worst camoflaged moves for athletic purposes I ever saw...

1. Mom emailed FP school administrators making demands or threatening to move Curt to another school (read elsewhere that mom wanted Curt to be able to play PG).  She supposedly made incriminating social media posts as well.
  2. Hopf enrolled at Barr-Reeve when demands were not met.
  3. Family moves after enrollment.
  4. After enrollment and move, wealthy local businessman, who just happens to be the grandfather of a Barr-Reeve player hire's Curt's dad.  Mr. Hopf also remains dually employed by Hopf Farms down around Ferdinand.
  5. In the appeal, Mrs. Hopf claims her 6'7" power forward son was bullied at Forest Park.  Students who attended with Curt find this claim absurd.
  6. Neither Forest Park NOR Barr-Reeve is willing to sign the waiver.  BR Principal is on the IHSAA Board of Control.  Hearing no JV and possibly no varsity eligibility even for the tournament.  That's new.  Before I'd heard JV during the season and varsity eligibility at sectional time.

Sometimes, parents are their children's own worst enemies.  As I understand it, mom & dad can file regular court action, but at this point, it's all on their own dime.  Until something changes, Curt can practice but no game experience this season unless he goes back to Forest Park.  Can't imagine that's a positive for his development as a player, but it might be for his development as a person.  I would be done trusting my future to mommy, that's for sure.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Got more of the skinny on this mess today from someone close to high school basketball but not at either Barr-Reeve or Forest Park.  This has got to be one of the worst camoflaged moves for athletic purposes I ever saw...

1. Mom emailed FP school administrators making demands or threatening to move Curt to another school (read elsewhere that mom wanted Curt to be able to play PG).  She supposedly made incriminating social media posts as well.
  4. After enrollment and move, wealthy local businessman, who just happens to be the grandfather of a Barr-Reeve player hire's Curt's dad.  Mr. Hopf also remains dually employed by Hopf Farms down around Ferdinand.
  5. In the appeal, Mrs. Hopf claims her 6'7" power forward son was bullied at Forest Park.  Students who attended with Curt find this claim absurd.
  6. Neither Forest Park NOR Barr-Reeve is willing to sign the waiver.  BR Principal is on the IHSAA Board of Control.  Hearing no JV and possibly no varsity eligibility even for the tournament.  That's new.  Before I'd heard JV during the season and varsity eligibility at sectional time.

Sometimes, parents are their children's own worst enemies.  As I understand it, mom & dad can file regular court action, but at this point, it's all on their own dime.  Until something changes, Curt can practice but no game experience this season unless he goes back to Forest Park.  Can't imagine that's a positive for his development as a player, but it might be for his development as a person.  I would be done trusting my future to mommy, that's for sure.

If this is true I would pimp slap my mom.  But not really, but I would want to.  Feel bad for the kid. He probably just want to play. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, FKIM01 said:

I just spent the last 3 hours reading all the responsive pleadings from the civil complaint for injunction and I reached the same conclusion as your post 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:06 AM, FKIM01 said:

The most telling part of the saga is that neither school was willing to sign the waiver.  Even Barr Reeve's admin doesn't think it's a non-sports transfer.

Exactly ...main point that should be considered ...now the next question is ...if he gets an injunction today or tomorrow in time to play Blackford does their coach play him and risk the end result of the litigation being that he wasn’t eligible and then having to forfeit a season and state championship he would have likely won in 1A without hopf with Blackhawk in 2A this year 

On 11/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, FKIM01 said:

Regarding point 4...last I heard Mr. Hopf worked in a cubicle at Jasper Seating....I just attended a Christmas party where his co worker told me no different......I will know tomorrow for sure!

22 minutes ago, Beowulf50 said:

Regarding point 4...last I heard Mr. Hopf worked in a cubicle at Jasper Seating....I just attended a Christmas party where his co worker told me no different......I will know tomorrow for sure!

That could be as well.  Often times, family members are listed as employees when they do little actual work.  That may also be the case with the local businessman.  I've heard nothing since I posted that information.

14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

That could be as well.  Often times, family members are listed as employees when they do little actual work.  That may also be the case with the local businessman.  I've heard nothing since I posted that information.

I just got confirmation that Mr. Hopf does still work for Jasper Seating. 

9 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Well that would kind of ruin the "I moved for a job" argument, which I was told they were trying to make.

Curt should have stayed at FP! He had every opportunity as did his brother! The current FP coach I think is a good person!! The previous FP coach was what can the parents do for me kinda guy!! That finally caught up with him, thank God!! 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That was an interesting twist I hadn’t heard ....not mentioned by ihsaa in any of their responsive pleadings filed by counsel 

1 hour ago, Beowulf50 said:

I know people from both fan bases and they all tell me that the mom is bat s@&$ crazy!

I have never spoken with anyone that knows them nor met them personally and I got that distinct impression from reading all the court filings and the transcript from the department of education review panel  ....even the plaintiffs complaint makes Then seem odd 

Archived