Curt Hopf

3Ballin

Not sure if anybody here has heard of him, but 247 has him in the top 10 for his class (2021) I believe and his dad said he was ranked 24. He is from Forest Park H.S. in Indiana. I worked with his dad up until a few years ago and he made the comment his son wouldn't even consider IU as long as Crean was the coach. I haven't had the chance to see him play, but curious if anyone has seen or heard anything on him. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Not sure if anybody here has heard of him, but 247 has him in the top 10 for his class (2021) I believe and his dad said he was ranked 24. He is from Forest Park H.S. in Indiana. I worked with his dad up until a few years ago and he made the comment his son wouldn't even consider IU as long as Crean was the coach. I haven't had the chance to see him play, but curious if anyone has seen or heard anything on him. 

I thought I read somewhere where he has an unofficial to IU coming up?

19 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I heard he's about 6'6" and not bad for a freshman...not sure he is a high major talent yet...I think he had an older brother go to Evansville a few years back

There's been two Hopfs that played at FP. Both were very good. I'm sure he's related.. just don't know how. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

There's been two Hopfs that played at FP. Both were very good. I'm sure he's related.. just don't know how. 

He is the youngest brother in that family. Yes, both of his brothers played and were very good at FP and yes, one did play at E-ville. The whole family is big 'ole farm boys. 

DJ, when I looked at the 2021 recruits on 247 he was close to the top of the list. I didn't look close enough to see if there were actual rankings there. 

1 minute ago, 3Ballin said:

He is the youngest brother in that family. Yes, both of his brothers played and were very good at FP and yes, one did play at E-ville. The whole family is big 'ole farm boys. 

DJ, when I looked at the 2021 recruits on 247 he was close to the top of the list. I didn't look close enough to see if there were actual rankings there. 

Link?

Very close distance wise to Hopf. Will be mid major, with a chance to be high major. I'm skeptical about the high major part.... Honestly, I think it all depends on his body, and how he's used. Like others have said, his cousins played. They were fairly big. Had trouble keeping weight off, at least one of them did. Curious if Curt will stay slim (which is what would be best), or if he'll bulk up and play the low post the rest of HS.

I hope FP uses him like a 6'6" kid and not like a 6'10" kid. 6'6" is huge for the area, and he could tear it up playing down low. But it wouldn't be good for his game, collegiately.

2 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

The first two were cousins. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

My old High school Knightstown played them in the semi state in 2006 and they had two Hopfs on that team.  That was one of the best high school games I have seen in a long time with FP winning 79-76 with us missing a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

My old High school Knightstown played them in the semi state in 2006 and they had two Hopfs on that team.  That was one of the best high school games I have seen in a long time with FP winning 79-76 with us missing a 3 at the buzzer to tie the game.

Yes. That's when they were JR and SR. We beat them in the Regional when they were FR and SO. 

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Kurt Comer and Ryan Sparks were both Indiana All stars aT JCD back in my day. Both have transferred their kids to Greensburg. 2 of the 10 or so in the last few years.

You go where  the good coaching is, I don’t blame them.  Greensburg coach is top notch.

Archived