Curt Hopf

3Ballin

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If some of the things I heard about his transfer are true, I would shy away if I was a college coach.  Not things about Curt personally, but about how those around him handled the situation.  

Yeah, I think Nojel Eastern's mom must be a sister to his mother.

...and what you've heard is at least mostly true.  Mom acted like a complete idiot and cost her son a year of basketball.  That I'm pretty confident in saying based on those I've talked to that are pretty close to the situation.  Absolutely...good kid, but he's got a helicopter mom that he needs to tell to bug off.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If some of the things I heard about his transfer are true, I would shy away if I was a college coach.  Not things about Curt personally, but about how those around him handled the situation.  

Exactly. And I know for a fact that a few mid majors did literally shy away. And if it's stopping mid majors, it'll sure as heck stop the high D1 folks.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I think Nojel Eastern's mom must be a sister to his mother.

...and what you've heard is at least mostly true.  Mom acted like a complete idiot and cost her son a year of basketball.  That I'm pretty confident in saying based on those I've talked to that are pretty close to the situation.  Absolutely...good kid, but he's got a helicopter mom that he needs to tell to bug off.

+1

14 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

All the more reason, right?

Maybe 🤷‍♂️.  I think they are on their 3rd different coach since then and their last (not current) one got let go for harassment I believe so it might not be a great time to be an Ace.

• 3 months later...
51 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Article about Curt in our daily newspaper (yes, we still take the paper). But in the article which I found interesting, was that IU was trying to get back in recruiting Hopf since the Hoosiers lost the kid that went to PeeYUU ( you guys know who ). I had not heard this, has any of you?

I doubt it. Not a BIG ten level talent. 

3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Article about Curt in our daily newspaper (yes, we still take the paper). But in the article which I found interesting, was that IU was trying to get back in recruiting Hopf since the Hoosiers lost the kid that went to PeeYUU ( you guys know who ). I had not heard this, has any of you?

I think that's wishful thinking on the family's part.  He's a walk-on at IU.

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You can tell that boredom has set into the basketball forum when there are two topics on the front page devoted to kids who never had a shot at being a Hoosier

It just shows you how bad our 21 class is. A day after signing day a year old thread pops up on a kid going to Bellarmine.

Archived