2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If some of the things I heard about his transfer are true, I would shy away if I was a college coach.  Not things about Curt personally, but about how those around him handled the situation.  

Yeah, I think Nojel Eastern's mom must be a sister to his mother.

...and what you've heard is at least mostly true.  Mom acted like a complete idiot and cost her son a year of basketball.  That I'm pretty confident in saying based on those I've talked to that are pretty close to the situation.  Absolutely...good kid, but he's got a helicopter mom that he needs to tell to bug off.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To me it does not matter if mom gave the IHSAA the finger or bowed at their feet in reverence while asking for mercy. It's an utterly stupid, one-sided rule that is unfair to one person.  The pla

Some questions I have (I know the answers, but I'm proving a point) If the player transferring for athletic reasons was the 7th ranked player on the boy's golf team, would Forest Park be fight

Got more of the skinny on this mess today from someone close to high school basketball but not at either Barr-Reeve or Forest Park.  This has got to be one of the worst camoflaged moves for athletic p

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If some of the things I heard about his transfer are true, I would shy away if I was a college coach.  Not things about Curt personally, but about how those around him handled the situation.  

Exactly. And I know for a fact that a few mid majors did literally shy away. And if it's stopping mid majors, it'll sure as heck stop the high D1 folks.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I think Nojel Eastern's mom must be a sister to his mother.

...and what you've heard is at least mostly true.  Mom acted like a complete idiot and cost her son a year of basketball.  That I'm pretty confident in saying based on those I've talked to that are pretty close to the situation.  Absolutely...good kid, but he's got a helicopter mom that he needs to tell to bug off.

+1

14 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

All the more reason, right?

Maybe 🤷‍♂️.  I think they are on their 3rd different coach since then and their last (not current) one got let go for harassment I believe so it might not be a great time to be an Ace.

• 3 months later...
51 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Article about Curt in our daily newspaper (yes, we still take the paper). But in the article which I found interesting, was that IU was trying to get back in recruiting Hopf since the Hoosiers lost the kid that went to PeeYUU ( you guys know who ). I had not heard this, has any of you?

I doubt it. Not a BIG ten level talent. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Article about Curt in our daily newspaper (yes, we still take the paper). But in the article which I found interesting, was that IU was trying to get back in recruiting Hopf since the Hoosiers lost the kid that went to PeeYUU ( you guys know who ). I had not heard this, has any of you?

I think that's wishful thinking on the family's part.  He's a walk-on at IU.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

You can tell that boredom has set into the basketball forum when there are two topics on the front page devoted to kids who never had a shot at being a Hoosier

It just shows you how bad our 21 class is. A day after signing day a year old thread pops up on a kid going to Bellarmine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1