INDIANA BEATS #4 PURDUE POSTGAME

KDB

11 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Yeah I feel like XJ and Rob finally figured out what Woodson wants from them. They were aggressive and weren't simply looking to get Jackson the ball. When Jackson went out the offense didn't go to crap because they understood what had to be done. 

You are right.  I would go so far to say that the offense was actually much better.

• Like 1

We spotted them 2 points refs took out TJD and still beat them! Great team win and I hope this is a breakout game for Phinesee! Also loved seeing Galloway get in Iveys head! XJ without any turnovers and Michael Durr coming in and holding down the middle! Great game for Woodson too! Hopefully he does what Bobby did in making IU a place everyone dreads coming to rather than a place where they come in looking for a win!

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lizard said:

You are right.  I would go so far to say that the offense was actually much better.

Aside from Iowa, XJ has matured last ten games or so.  I’m not sure if Coach is emphasizing more half court sets - so as not to rush and turn it over in transition, but something is starting to click.  

also - XJ wants to be an alpha and leader on this team.  Not as talented as other previous leaders (ie - Yogi), but he wants to carry this team on his back.  Love his attitude.   

• Like 1