INDIANA BEATS #4 PURDUE POSTGAME

KDB

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Probably before your time but I watched the Parker kid from Brownstown lose his cool in the State Championship game and did the exact same thing Ivey did. All downhill after that for the Braves.

Before my time? I was there. I was in 7th grade. 

Yep. Not going to talk about that publicly. Clint is one of my good friends and dear god that team was loaded. 4th leading scorer on that team went for 27 in the semi state lol 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Before my time? I was there. I was in 7th grade. 

Yep. Not going to talk about that publicly. Clint is one of my good friends and dear god that team was loaded. 4th leading scorer on that team went for 27 in the semi state lol 

I get that. I was there at Semi state as well. Kid could ball for sure and one heck of a team. What year was that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Purdue Fans: Indiana needs to stop living in the past they aren't a blue blood anymore. 

Purdue Fans: Indiana finally got their first win against us in 5 years. 

image.png.9583f689cf5702bbd86771efb6732d54.png

Also Purdue fans: All IU fans ever talk about is dusty banners. How about who has more BT titles or leads the head to head series?

The Big Ten Titles: 2/3 came before WWI started. 
The head to heat series: Purdue DOMINATED from 1901-1940. 

3 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Also Purdue fans: All IU fans ever talk about is dusty banners. How about who has more BT titles or leads the head to head series?

Don't use facts it confuses them. I learned a long time ago never argue with idiots they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did Furst get credit for Race's own goal?

I was reading on a Purdue board that their bench really only had 2 points and that Race Thompson had 2 points for their bench. 

That is pretty funny, if true. For Race's sake, I am so glad we won that game. If we had lost by 1 or 2 points (or in overtime), that play would have lived in infamy. Now it is a hilarious part of the lore of this game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We beat Purdue 13-4, to end the half, when Ivey got his flagrant. We scored 11 straight points after he went to the bench. That was right at the 5 min mark of the first half. 

Ivey didn't get his first points of the 1st half until 9 mins to go in the game. The starting unit held him scoreless the first 9 mins he was in the game. He had only attempted one shot before he his first made bucket. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yup... and still marginally silly by Thompson, for sure, but goodness. Heaven forbid poor Jaden Ivey gets fouled a little too hard, once, on the road, in the big ten, in a rivalry game. 

The St Johns kid got ejected for a similar yank on Galloway.  90% of whistles a kid continues his shot, pass, dribble, or whatever motion he was in.  I don't have a problem with Race giving him some extra curricular but man he could have done that slightly different.  As soon as I watched the slow mo I was like oh dang that's going to at least be a 1.  I would have preferred he straight chest plowed him.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The St Johns kid got ejected for a similar yank on Galloway.  90% of whistles a kid continues his shot, pass, dribble, or whatever motion he was in.  I don't have a problem with Race giving him some extra curricular but man he could have done that slightly different.  As soon as I watched the slow mo I was like oh dang that's going to at least be a 1.  I would have preferred he straight chest plowed him.  

That deserved the reaction Ivey gave? Me thinks Ivey just likes things to go his way at all times. I hope we do the same thing in Mackey. If that's all it takes to upset him. 

• Like 1

Taking a look at our schedule. Great opportunity to start stacking wins over these next 5. I know it's one game at a time but schedule is setup to go on a run here. Purdue will look good on the resume come tourney time along with Ohio St.

Keep everyone healthy, improving, confidence is starting to soar....should be a fun season again. Amazing what happens with one win. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s laughably false. Does he have moments? Of course, what player doesn’t? Would you say the same about XJ and TJD for some of their antics? 

He is easily the moodiest player I’ve ever seen 

either celebrating a 3 or dunk or head down…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, shoving a guy to the ground is the act of an immature punk. Is that something you think level headed, good dudes do? 

I think he lost composure in the heat of the moment and did something dumb. I’m sure his mom had plenty to say about it to him after the game tbh. Level-headed good dudes lose their tempers sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s laughably false. Does he have moments? Of course, what player doesn’t? Would you say the same about XJ and TJD for some of their antics? 

He had a punk moment last night for sure. Don’t watch Purdue any other time to know normally. I will say he seemed incredibly selfish last night. A moment that sticks out to me is him whining to an official after you guys got a basket and a foul, instead of being excited for his teammate. He was all about getting his last night is what it appeared. My one game assessment of him is that he’s an elite athlete, but seems very selfish,  makes poor decisions in many cases bc of it, and whines A LOT. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

Totally agree with you 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think he lost composure in the heat of the moment and did something dumb. I’m sure his mom had plenty to say about it to him after the game tbh. Level-headed good dudes lose their tempers sometimes. 

Sure, but they don’t shove people to the ground. I don’t think anyone is saying the kid can’t grow up, but he hasn’t yet and thus he’s currently….. an immature punk. 

• Like 3