INDIANA BEATS #4 PURDUE POSTGAME

KDB

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He had a punk moment last night for sure. Don’t watch Purdue any other time to know normally. I will say he seemed incredibly selfish last night. A moment that sticks out to me is him whining to an official after you guys got a basket and a foul, instead of being excited for his teammate. He was all about getting his last night is what it appeared. My one game assessment of him is that he’s an elite athlete, but seems very selfish,  makes poor decisions in many cases bc of it, and whines A LOT. 

Rewatched that play 

Galloway shoves him in the lower back while he is going up 

which is what players do now 

doubt you find this in the 70’s or 80’s 

Does Ivey think the NBA will be easier?  

Just now, Purdue7 said:

Rewatched that play 

Galloway shoves him in the lower back while he is going up 

which is what players do now 

doubt you find this in the 70’s or 80’s 

Does Ivey think the NBA will be easier?  

Yeah, was prob a foul, but not the time to be complaining as it worked out just fine for you guys. 

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, was prob a foul, but not the time to be complaining as it worked out just fine for you guys. 

💯

could not agree more 

none of you watched Nebraska game when Ivey went coast to coast into a defender who was set and put his arms up as buskers went 5 on 4 the other way for layup 

he is an only child who has never heard the word no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

If I remember correctly Ivey went up for a block on Race and got his moneys worth on the foul. It looked like he went for the ball but wasn't too sad that he nailed Race in the face. This happened at the 6:02 mark in the first half. So I could understand and see why Race was looking for his shot back at him. At least he got his money's worth on Ivey.  At the 7:11 mark in the first half or right before it it looks like Ivey almost punches Galloway in the stomach to get his hands off him. Ivey was being a little punk that entire game! Then at the 5:26 mark in the first half Ivey got a flagrant 1! Punk moves the entire game. Loved Galloway getting into his head!

Edited by ButlerHoosier
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

They made more 3's (at a higher percentage), they made more FG's (at a higher percentage), out rebounded us, AND limited our All-American to his lowest totals of the year. FT and turnovers where the difference but this time we were the team on the good side of those. Plus, we just wanted it more 😄

image.png.d859b44e7a2cd12b7235c0d723536022.png

With a minute to go I was sure that FT% was going to be what broke it off in us. 

I've been watching IU since 1982 and I can't recall a Turnover number that low. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

He is incredibly immature. 

...and immensely talented.  Galloway played good defense and perfect mind chess with him and he lost his cool.  That will be a great learning experience for him and it's clear he adapted the 2nd half.  I'm damned glad he's morphed in to an expected lotto pic this year.

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and immensely talented.  Galloway played good defense and perfect mind chess with him and he lost his cool.  That will be a great learning experience for him and it's clear he adapted the 2nd half.  I'm damned glad he's morphed in to an expected lotto pic this year.

Should be 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, ba43056 said:

With a minute to go I was sure that FT% was going to be what broke it off in us. 

I've been watching IU since 1982 and I can't recall a Turnover number that low. 

Kid ain't it great!! Been watching since the early mid 60's! LAST NIGHT TO ME RANKS UP THERE WITH SOME OF THE BEST!!! I have seen both good and bad but by God before I pass and join Mile , CC. HTD, Snowling, I am going too see the 6th banner!! Got the Monkey off the back and keep improving! It only LEADS to better things to come! (In life) and in sports!! I saved my drinking for TODAY!!!🍺🍺😎

Edited by loviubb
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Galloway was 4-1 against him in HS and ended Iveys season, twice. 

I’m glad you said Ivey is an immature punk because that’s exactly what he is.  He read his press clippings all off season long and now thinks he’s an entitled to whatever he wants.  I sure as hell hope that fool doesn’t end up on the pacers because I’m not a fan.  Super talented for sure but lacks self discipline and frankly I’m surprised Painter puts up with some of his stupid on court antics as much as he does.  Kid doesn’t play a lick of defense unless there’s a chance of a highlight.  Sorry, Rant over.  Carry on.

• Like 7