INDIANA BEATS #4 PURDUE POSTGAME

KDB

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’m glad you said Ivey is an immature punk because that’s exactly what he is.  He read his press clippings all off season long and now thinks he’s an entitled to whatever he wants.  I sure as hell hope that fool doesn’t end up on the pacers because I’m not a fan.  Super talented for sure but lacks self discipline and frankly I’m surprised Painter puts up with some of his stupid on court antics as much as he does.  Kid doesn’t play a lick of defense unless there’s a chance of a highlight.  Sorry, Rant over.  Carry on.

Even if he was around when the Pacers pick came up, they’d probably pick some other guy who wouldn’t amount to much. They suck at drafting. Ivey would at least help get some additional butts in seats but I’m sure we’d draft someone like a TJ Leaf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Didn’t realize Culver and Marian played each other tbh. 

Same sectional and they were on each other's regular season schedule too. 

Marian won a sectional in 2020 when Galloway and Culver had to play 4A because of success factor. 

Only 44 mins from each other. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

As good as our guards were last night, and don’t get me wrong they were fantastic, we don’t win that game without Durr’s outstanding defense on Edey and Williams. To hold those two guys to a combined 14 pts is really unbelievable, especially for a guy that averages about 5 min a game. I doubt that TJD would have done any better than that even if he had played most of the game. I haven’t looked at the stats, but I doubt anyone has done a better job against those guys all season long. Way to go Durr…you stepped up big time!

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

As good as our guards were last night, and don’t get me wrong they were fantastic, we don’t win that game without Durr’s outstanding defense on Edey and Williams. To hold those two guys to a combined 14 pts is really unbelievable, especially for a guy that averages about 5 min a game. I doubt that TJD would have done any better than that even if he had played most of the game. I haven’t looked at the stats, but I doubt anyone has done a better job against those guys all season long. Way to go Durr…you stepped up big time!

Michael had to set the record for blocked shots without jumping last night...I think.i counted 4...

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

So I'm going to be petty here. I guess I am wondering if Kaufman is second guessing his commitment to Purdue right about now. 

My guess is he does not.  It was a decision based significantly on the head coach.  While Mike Woodson would have been a significantly more attractive option than Archie Miller, he had no way of knowing how that would have worked out when he made his decision.  Regardless of who IU's coach is, he likes Painter.

One thing to keep in mind is that, despite where he grew up, he was not a die-hard IU fan.  It's not like he chose not to play at the school of his dreams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

My guess is he does not.  It was a decision based significantly on the head coach.  While Mike Woodson would have been a significantly more attractive option than Archie Miller, he had no way of knowing how that would have worked out when he made his decision.  Regardless of who IU's coach is, he likes Painter.

One thing to keep in mind is that, despite where he grew up, he was not a die-hard IU fan.  It's not like he chose not to play at the school of his dreams.

I was just trying to be funny and petty!