INDIANA BEATS #4 PURDUE POSTGAME

KDB

16 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Loved it!  The togetherness and comradarie shown in the locker room afterwards was great to see.  

Also loved seeing Woodson showing enthusiasm with the crowd when walking off the court after the game.  Not something we've seen in recent years.  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Anyone find it inspiring that we have seen more from the locker room and personality of players and coaches than we have for years?  This staff and these players are so much fun to follow and learn from. 

I think it's evident that is being purposely done. Showing that IU can be "cool" too. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Kenya Hunter

Kenya Hunter is awesome to these kids.   Here is another coach who is making a big impact on the program, and no one really knows.  He also might have one of the best resumes in the NCAA.  Awesome podcast with Armond Hill https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Hoosier-Hysterics-Podcast-Armond-Money-Hill-180440842/

Also, if you have a chance watch the Michael Durr interview from today- its on insidethehall - the kid is awesome.  

One very tiny thing I noticed during the game, and it had a true "team" feeling to it. I hate when players slap hands after a missed free throw. JG missed the first of a 2 shot FT. XJ didn't slap hands, he grabbed JG's shirt and gave him some type of talking to. I imagine it was a "calm down, breath, you got this man" type of just a few words. Like I said it's a tiny thing in a big game, but I really appreciated that much more than slapping hands for failing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

A underrated play we haven't talked much about from this game was TJD's defense on Ivey's driving layup after Phinisee's 3 when we were up just 1. 

He completely altered that attempt by an athletic lottery pick. It was a great defensive play. 

Another thing...notice you didn't hear Sasha Stefanovic's name a lot like you did when Purdue played Illinois...

#12 in white had some to do with that...Coach Woody alluded to it in his post game...when I rewatched the game, you could see the effort Miller was putting in sticking with him...

• Like 8

56 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

After a day to cool off, I wanted to apologize for some of the stuff I said re Ivey and the game in general. Didn’t mean to derail the thread and wanted to man up and say my bad especially to @KoB2011and @btownqb  Sorry bout that everyone!

You don't need to apologize to me. I like you and think you're a good person. I think you being willing to come and apologize says a lot more about who you are, then having a tiff in a post game thread. 

Back to Jaden for a second... ultimately I do want our state to continue to produce elite, elite talent in basketball and in all sports because quite honestly, per capita I believe we do a great job at it. 

Thursday night should hopefully be a wake up call for Ivey, in a good way. Recognize fault, figure out how to correct, and grow as a human being. 

I hope he's fantastic the rest of the year and in the NBA, I also hope he's 0-25 in March. 

Again, don't apologize to me, just keep posting and know I never mean anything I post personal. Disagreements will happen. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You don't need to apologize to me. I like you and think you're a good person. I think you being willing to come and apologize says a lot more about who you are, then having a tiff in a post game thread. 

Back to Jaden for a second... ultimately I do want our state to continue to produce elite, elite talent in basketball and in all sports because quite honestly, per capita I believe we do a great job at it. 

Thursday night should hopefully be a wake up call for Ivey, in a good way. Recognize fault, figure out how to correct, and grow as a human being. 

I hope he's fantastic the rest of the year and in the NBA, I also hope he's 0-25 in March. 

Again, don't apologize to me, just keep posting and know I never mean anything I post, personal. Disagreements will happen. 

+1 to this. I want Ivey to have a good year and a good career, and think he will. He grew up around the game, his mom is a great coach, and he has some things you just can’t teach. He plays with an edge, just needs to make sure he channels it in the proper way which he will learn.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

After a day to cool off, I wanted to apologize for some of the stuff I said re Ivey and the game in general. Didn’t mean to derail the thread and wanted to man up and say my bad especially to @KoB2011and @btownqb  Sorry bout that everyone!

Thanks for manning up. I may even care about this one 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1