Michigan pre game

Hoosierfan1901

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Could you imagine if there were message boards and social media in 80-81 season.  When we got off to a 7-5 start and losing to Texas Pan American.  Also how the fans would have been getting on Turner for not playing up to his potential.

No internet, but I still have my game notes from that season

image.jpeg.ad83d5e6cc0506587d278d0dc799b47a.jpeg

• Haha 4

I saw post game interviews with Rob and Durr both making comments that prior to the PU game they didn’t know what TJD would be able to do because of his injury. We obviously dodged a bullet, in a big way, but man I hope he is at least 90% Sunday. 

Edited by IU878176

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

We're the only school where it's almost impossible to tell the difference between "retro" uniforms and current. 

Ha, agree.

I would only notice if they also wore short shorts and the high tube sox with stripes (both of which I rocked at the HYPER..LOL) Otherwise I would watch the entire game and not notice they were retro uniforms.

• Like 2

Michigan game wish list:

1.  Team demonstrating mental growth by coming into the game focused, with Purdue buzz put to bed

2.  Kopp, Stewart and Bates finding 3pt shooting touch all in the same game

3.  Repeat ball security from Purdue game

4.  Continue to build their identity through defense

5.  Move to 6-3 in conference 

• Like 1

anyone else notice that this board has gotten to a point where the same 5 posters post 75% of the posts and if anyone disagrees with them they come together to pile on?  it's okay.  it's a message board.  do whatever you want, but it's amazing how intelligent some people are and that they are never wrong!  i'm just not that smart.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I have decided to call off my ice fishing trip this afternoon to catch my beloved Hoosiers on CBS.  It has been quite some time that I have picked IU basketball over fishing.  

I cannot imagine ANY scenario where I would pick ice fishing over anything, much less IU basketball even during Crean's first year...lol

Set up a chair in your living room, open a couple of windows, put a bucket of water with a couple of gold fish on the floor, and you can pretend to fish while watching IU. (lol)

• Haha 5

44 minutes ago, rico said:

Well, I have decided to call off my ice fishing trip this afternoon to catch my beloved Hoosiers on CBS.  It has been quite some time that I have picked IU basketball over fishing.  

Unfortunately I have to go to a service for my deceased cousin and have no way to record. Hopefully it will be on YouTube or the Big 10 Network.

Go Hoosiers. I hate Michigan almost as much as I hate Harbaugh!

Edited by jefftheref
  • Sad 1

Hopefully this makes sense but we've been a 1 step forward 1 or 2 steps back program for a decade. Games like today are the one's we really need to keep this thing moving forward and give us some breathing room.

I haven't watched Michigan yet. Other than knowing they have new players I don't much about them. Either way it's a home game in the Big 10. You have to take care of business.

Edit-had to put steps back in there

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully this makes sense but we've been a 1 step forward 1 or 2 steps program for a decade. Games like today are the one's we really need to keep this thing moving forward and give us some breathing room.

I haven't watched Michigan yet. Other than knowing they have new players I don't much about them. Either way it's a home game in the Big 10. You have to take care of business.

I think this game is almost as big as the Purdue game, if the Hoosiers lose this one almost everything good about that win is wiped away. Like you said we can't have a 1 step forward 2 steps back approach.

Michigan has some talent, but I think if the Hoosiers take care of the ball and play tough defense to get the crowd going, they should win this by double digits in my opinion. You can tell the crowd affected the Boilers in the last game and they have more experience than the Wolverines.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think this game is almost as big as the Purdue game, if the Hoosiers lose this one almost everything good about that win is wiped away. Like you said we can't have a 1 step forward 2 steps back approach.

Michigan has some talent, but I think if the Hoosiers take care of the ball and play tough defense to get the crowd going, they should win this by double digits in my opinion. You can tell the crowd affected the Boilers in the last game and they have more experience than the Wolverines.

20 years ago next month we had a Sunday game vs Illinois where we rained 3's all day long and was the catalyst to the rest of the season and tourney. Wouldn't mind a game like that today where it's nice and easy and fun to watch the entire game while keeping an eye on Rams/Bucs.

• Like 4

This year feels much more like IU basketball from days gone by. We never won a game without  our best player under the last several coaches. We seem to have a much better culture/id with quality team play.  I think long term success needs a healthy dose of luck and timing.  If Coach Woodson is able to get consistent effort and results for the rest of the year, i.e. winning games like the SU, Wisky, PSU, than I think we will see a shift in the power structure of the conference.  IU is the crown jewel basketball program of the Big Ten. Full Stop. We have got to find a way to win this game in order to take the next step as a team/program. 

• Like 5