Michigan pre game

Hoosierfan1901

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I think some of you are putting g too much value on this game.

I do not see it as a must win, rather it would be a big win. 

It would not wipe away anything from crushing Purdue. It would not make us unlikely to make the tournament. It would not drastically change our conference standing.

It is important to feel like we are moving forward, not just a few good games.

A loss would suck. A win would be very encouraging.

But Michigan is very talented, a loss is not disastrous. But would suck.

I think a loss won't be a step back, but to get this program back to the top, we need steps forward. This is one of those games that provides insight into our progression.  BTW-finishing in the 6-10 spot in the conference is where we have been for the better part of the past 20 years. I think it is reasonable that we finish in the 4-6 spot this year. This is a step forward for sure. A win today sets us up for a nice finishing in conference. (Assuming that winning stays a habit and expectation.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m nervous about this one. Sunday afternoon game after a big win against a team that has immense levels of talent while underachieving so far. Feels like a recipe for disaster, but I’m hoping this IU squad can show that things are different now and come out strong. 

On a personal level, my wife went to Michigan, my father-in-law went to Michigan, and that entire side of the family roots for Michigan. A win here would be very very enjoyable. 

I hope we win and you make 20 phone calls not saying a word but just laugh and hang up. So you sleep on the couch tonight, well worth it. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Thursday’s game was highest rated ever college hoops game on FS1.

Going up against the NFL playoffs, I wonder if this game will be the lowest rated ever on CBS?

I will be recording the IU game and hoping to watch a victory after football is over 

So, you must be a Bucs or Rams fan. I know it's the playoffs, but......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nope… but the other part of the household is not a basketball fan…and loves NFL football. For the sake of domestic peace, we’ll be watching the playoffs 

My wife couldn't care less, but if she did, my reply would be something like......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Actually, due to the beef between the TENGA group, which owns CBS KHOU Channel 11, and DISH, I won't be watching anyway...DISH removed CBS from their lineup...Now I could probably get by with an over the air antennae (40 miles from downtown), but I'll take my wife shopping and to lunch and listen to it on Tunein... 

And DISH is being removed next month ( for YouTube TV)...

• Like 1