Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

was not a lock of ****** effort. Michigan had a two week break. they were fresh and we were playing our third game this week. Time to find a couple fake positives and two weeks off to prepare for the stretch run. Chalk this one up to stupid ass rules in place. 

Spare me that, the Hoosiers effort was terrible in this game. They weren't closing out on shooters and standing around with no movement on offense. Their effort was terrrible.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

was not a lock of ******* effort. Michigan had a two week break. they were fresh and we were playing our third game this week. Time to find a couple fake positives and two weeks off to prepare for the stretch run. Chalk this one up to stupid ass rules in place. 

UM played Maryland on Monday or Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I said this in the game thread: IU didn't play great, but they didn't play atrociously either.

Michigan shot 65% from three. They outscored us by 18 from three. Dickinson hit like four I believe when he's only hit six all year. That's a better percentage than pre game warmup shoot around. 

That's the game. Sometimes, the other team just gets absurdly hot. I'm not upset by this one.

+1 I agree with this, we did not play great, but it was far from horrible. Sometimes everyone gets hot at the wrong time.

The important thing is to forget the loss, pick out a few mistakes on the tape, and not let it turn into multiple losses.

• Like 1

To lose by basically 20 points isn't encouraging, but, the sky is no where near falling with this one loss.

I never felt confident about this game. They're a talented team. The defense wasn't good, but even when it was they were hitting some real tough shots.

I said to a buddy the other day that I am not going to be surprised if Michigan gets hot, makes the tournament, and ends up having a good year.

There is a reason that they were preseason top 10. We just saw it today.

Refocus and we have two games that we're gonna have a very good chance to win with Penn State and @ Maryland.

Win those, you're at 16-5 and 7-4 in the B1G. Every single one of us would have probably taken that if offered before the season.

No need to freak out about this one in my opinion.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The same thing was said by Purdue when they came to play us. It happens to every team every year. 

We should have won. We’re at home and have the talent. But not surprised we lost

But those things matter quite often. It's the same reason NBA teams almost always lost the 2nd night of a back-to-back when the other team has already been in town resting. 

What were we bad at today? Defense and shooting/finishing. Legs play a big part in that. 

Call it an excuse, call it whatever you want, but 3 games in a week has the potential, including an incredibly emotional one can have an impact. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This was our 3rd game this week, with one being a really emotional game three days ago. 

While disappointing, that is a tough stretch and today might have been expected. 

6 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

was not a lock of ****** effort. Michigan had a two week break. they were fresh and we were playing our third game this week. Time to find a couple fake positives and two weeks off to prepare for the stretch run. Chalk this one up to stupid ass rules in place. 

Or most of the team need not be at Kilroys Sports until 3am on a friday night when you play an afternoon game on Sunday after a long week. Rest might have been a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I challenge Kopp and Stewart to come out with fire next game. I want to see them raise the bar in their game. We challenged our Point guards the last few games and they have played better. Now it’s them needing to step up. Since they are going to start let’s be honest. I challenge them to set the tone. If not then well enjoy the pine 

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

To lose by basically 20 points isn't encouraging, but, the sky is no where near falling with this one loss.

I never felt confident about this game. They're a talented team. The defense wasn't good, but even when it was they were hitting some real tough shots.

I said to a buddy the other day that I am not going to be surprised if Michigan gets hot, makes the tournament, and ends up having a good year.

There is a reason that they were preseason top 10. We just saw it today.

Refocus and we have two games that we're gonna have a very good chance to win with Penn State and @ Maryland.

Win those, you're at 16-5 and 7-4 in the B1G. Every single one of us would have probably taken that if offered before the season.

No need to freak out about this one in my opinion.

We would have taken it if it was offered on Thursday afternoon ;).

• Like 1

Michigan is a terrible matchup for Kopp, Race & TJD. Stewart needs to start off more agressive which should open up the post for TJD & Race. Kopp needs to come off the bench, he’s killing us on D and doesn’t score enough to neutralize it. Geronimo isn’t getting enough minutes. He’s an absolute beast on helpside D. If Woody makes the necessary adjustments we’ll be fine. 

Bad loss. But still satisfied for beating Purdue. Love CMW and have faith it will work out for him. But it just feels like sometimes the whole team from top to bottom is learning how to be a winner. 
We haven’t been a consistent winner for a very long time.

Saw a lot of tired legs out there as evidenced by so many short shots and blown layups. 
it was a letdown, but still like our trajectory.

Onward and Upward, Go IU

• Like 1