Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

6 assists

6 rebounds

3 steals

2 turnovers

What part of that stat line screams 'hero ball'?  X obviously kicked your dog or something, because you are not objective about him at all.   

I think the even bigger question is, what PG on the roster has shown they deserve to play ahead of a player putting up that type of stat line?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Serious question. Did we ever lose more than a couple home games with Sampson? I remember UConn and Jim Calhoun came into assembly hall when we were the #6 team in the nation and beat us…Of course the game where Brian “Polar Bear” Butch banked in a 3 against us….but at the top of my head I can’t think of anymore. 

Sampson, a name I’m ashamed coached and IU….don’t care what kinda home wins he had.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Surprisingly, I do not think we did lose any at home:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/84/season/2007

I am assuming that the UI game was in the Big Ten tournament.

I know I just looked it up and couldn't believe we went undefeated at home.  I saw where we blew PU out at home but lost by 13 at PU.

6 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

I got too high after the Purdur win, and I'm going to get too low with this loss. Such is the pendulum of IU basketball. In reality, we are probably a 7-10 seed at the end of the year, about where most expected. 

this has been my problem with the fan base.  don't declare we are national contenders after one win or terrible after one loss.  consider who we are playing and where.  we are average.  i hope we make the tourney.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

You are kind of reaching here. It is ok to say the Hoosiers played with no effort this game, and no matter what they did. It was a very uninspiring lackadaisical effort by them.

How many games in three weeks? Makes a huge difference. Why would anyone say we were not trying.  These guys want to win. 

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this has been my problem with the fan base.  don't declare we are national contenders after one win or terrible after one loss.  consider who we are playing and where.  we are average.  i hope we make the tourney.  

Never saw one person saying we were a national contender after the PUngame

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

Give them 35 minutes a game and i am sure they could do better

But none of them have in any minutes they've gotten this year, outside of the Purdue game for Phinisee (which was a complete anomaly).

Are starting point guard played really well against Purdue and was the only reason IU was even remotely in this game. 

6 assists, 6 rebounds and only 2 turnovers. He's had 2 turnovers total in the last 2 games. 

No other PG on the roster is even close to him. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

As a coach, I'm sure you have an understanding and appreciation for Player Efficiency Rating (PER).  For those that may not be familiar, it measures a player's impact while they are on the floor, regardless of how much they play.  Higher number, the better.  Now, this does not include today's game yet, but I've highlighted our PGs.   

image.png.c6f90713a1fa7266fb35b171927c8aaf.png

5 minutes ago, Coach Shep said:

I am not sure what games you have been watching but Johnson has been the Hoosiers second best player the last couple of games. He is starting to play more under control and probably their toughest player and becoming a leader for them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Big Ten officiating at its best...

That borders on hilarious but overall I think the calls went both ways in a manner that averaged out…with us maybe getting the edge.

There is a ton of $$$$$ sloshing around in the NCAA and they should subsidize full time ref employees.

• Like 1

Poor performance today.

Lost to an underachieving but desperate and talented UM team after an uber-emotional win.  Season hasn’t been perfect but it’s Woodys first year and this is the first of 19 games that we haven’t really been a threat to win. If we win 2 of the next 3 (far from a sure thing) we are still on track to go dancing. Not bad.