Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

11 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

That borders on hilarious but overall I think the calls went both ways in a manner that averaged out…with us maybe getting the edge.

There is a ton of $$$$$ sloshing around in the NCAA and they should subsidize full time ref employees.

Oh yeah, I didn't post that to mean we got screwed by the refs today. Not at all. In the first half we benefitted from an awful charge call on Michigan. 

But that image was pretty egregious. I more meant just had awful Big Ten officiating is overall. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Oh yeah, I didn't post that to mean we got screwed by the refs today. Not at all. In the first half we benefitted from an awful charge call on Michigan. 

But that image was pretty egregious. I more meant just had awful Big Ten officiating is overall. 

I am struggling to think of a time when Big Ten officiating was not awful. Might have been before I was born? :coffee:

• Like 1

My take!  Michigan played out their butt today!!! I don't believe they are that good.  Dickerson was what, 4/4 from three? He won't do that again in his career! Hell, they all shot the ball better than they do! Sometimes it's not in the cards!  Now we need to bounce back.  IU is improving steadily!

• Like 2

My last thoughts on this one:

Besides the disappointing loss and the lack of over all energy, I also found the much-ballyhooed 1987 throwback uniforms not much different than what they are wearing usually. I was around in ‘87 and do not recall an Adidas logo around the collar. I’m unimpressed. 

“IU really choked at home.”

Sincerely,

Bucs, Packers, and Titans

What bothers me is the lack of adjustments. UM ran the same high pick where the ball handler would get downhill, IU chasing, forcing IU to rotate and then it was just passing around the perimeter to whatever open three pointer they wanted. Give them credit for staying with it and hitting wide open shots.

At no point did IU adjust. Why not double the ball handler hard? Why not try anything different? Never changed.

• Like 1

Classic letdown after a big win.  Right out of the book of cliches.  Too bad it wasn’t a road game.  It might have been easier to swallow.  Defense was lackluster.  On offense their length bothered us   We panicked a lot at point blank range and whiffed.  I didn’t look at the numbers but it sure didn’t look like we got many offensive boards either.  

Michigan is big and mobile.  We have had trouble with them for years and it’s no accident as to why.  It’s a shame we couldn’t even handle them when we are a veteran team.   

• Like 2

Game adjustments, officiating, starting five, you name it.. None of that was going to matter today. We were hungover from Thursday and they are a super talented team fighting to make up ground. I wasn't surprised to see it and honestly I'm not that upset about it. It's not apathy like I had last year, it's knowing that our staff will use this to teach them. 

• Like 1

The discussion of how this was our 3rd game in the week and how UM hadn't played since Tuesday got me thinking.  I know with having 14 teams and playing 20 conference games makes it hard to schedule.  Also with 3 different broadcast affiliates to worry about your schedule will not be balance.  It just seems like if you get lucky on who you only play once and when you play people it is a huge advantage.

It use to be so much more fair and balanced when we only had ten teams and played everyone twice.  You really had only one broadcast to worry about because a lot of it was locally televised.  All games were played on Thursdays and Saturdays.  It was also easy for fans to remember the schedule like that plus each team had a travel partner.  So you knew if IU was playing PU on Thursday then on Saturday you were playing Illinois.

1 minute ago, Officer Obie said:

Always wear the same clothes. Never apply deodorant. And sit in the same chair every game. It works maybe 1/3 the time.

Well, I know why we lost.  I watched today's game completely naked, lathered my entire body in lavender scent lotion, and watched the game on my laptop while sitting on my front lawn.

• Haha 3

I gotta play devils advocate a little bit here. Yeah, we’re coming off an emotional win, and yeah, we “don’t know how to handle success or winning” or whatever and so forth, but this team has a bunch of upperclassmen in the rotation. It’s one thing to come out flat and all that, but this game was never really close, especially the last 10 minutes of the second half.

I expected a letdown, but that was pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1