Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, Btownstrength said:

Hadn't seen much of UM this season, but they had more talent at every position and hustled harder at every position (outside of X, maybe). That is usually a recipe for a beatdown. 

Their offense is multi dimensional. They move and cut and pass the ball really well. And shoot it will too

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, you obviously don’t remember some of the beauts’ Crean AND Miller both stunk up the HOME court with….🧐

+1 Seriously, didn't we lose to Fort Wayne in consecutive years?

In fact here is the score in the second:

Mon, Dec 18 L92-72 6-6 (1-1) Johnson 17 Morgan 12 Green 4
Edited by GaloisGroupe
Adding facts...

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

Well, you obviously don’t remember some of the beauts’ Crean AND Miller both stunk up the HOME court with….🧐

Serious question. Did we ever lose more than a couple home games with Sampson? I remember UConn and Jim Calhoun came into assembly hall when we were the #6 team in the nation and beat us…Of course the game where Brian “Polar Bear” Butch banked in a 3 against us….but at the top of my head I can’t think of anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Serious question. Did we ever lose more than a couple home games with Sampson? I remember UConn and Jim Calhoun came into assembly hall when we were the #6 team in the nation and beat us…Of course the game where Brian “Polar Bear” Butch banked in a 3 against us….but at the top of my head I can’t think of anymore. 

Well, we all know why Kelvin Sampson is not here any longer.  And, his tenure is the reason why we have been struggling to get back to where we want to be.  

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

looks like Wisconsin beat us the same year as UCONN

As disappointing as this was, it wasn’t totally unexpected, especially after acting like we had won the national championship against Purdue. I can understand the excitement, but that just set us up for failure today. My guess is that we’ll bounce back and will be ready for Penn St and win easily. Still a lot of the season left,  with plenty of time for more big wins.

1 minute ago, Hoosier51 said:

As disappointed as I am in this loss at least the Titans, Packers and Bucs lost this weekend to make me a little happier lol. 😁 

I didn't think the NFL could get any crazier than yesterday's finishes, but the Rams/Bucs game did just that.  Rams blow a 27-3 lead and have no time outs with 40 seconds left.  Unbelievably, the Bucs decide not to cover Cooper Kupp on a deep ball.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I have cooled down some and probably can look at things more objectively.  UM had struggled but they are talented and just came out hungry and we're ready to beat us.  We just came out to play the game but wasn't ready to compete.

I have to sit back and remind myself, this team is year one with a brand new coaching staff and new players. I believe we have exceeded expectations in a number of areas, but not all.

We are ALL sooooo hungry for greatness and this team has some of the needed ingredients it hasn’t had in years.

Coach Woodson said it best in his post game interview, “These guys aren’t used to success and it’s my job to help them handle it and keep it going!” 

Just now, 5fouls said:

I didn't think the NFL could get any crazier than yesterday's finishes, but the Rams/Bucs game did just that.  Rams blow a 27-3 lead and have no time outs with 40 seconds left.  Unbelievably, the Bucs decide not to cover Cooper Kupp on a deep ball.  

Yeah that is crazy, Kupp is probably the best WR in the game right now lol.

Now if the Chiefs would lose it will be a pretty good weekend in the NFL. I am backing your Bengals or the Bills since the Colts crapped the bed.

• Like 3