Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

13 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Getting waxed on national TV is never fun, but I think anyone on this forum would take 1-1 in the 2 games we just had. 

For sure!  And, I think this team knows this was a winnable game.  Back to playing hard core defense.  Woodson was right when he said after the game, the starting 5 was playing hoping they will miss instead of making them miss.  Get back to the lab, learn and go IU.

I think we can all agree that our performance in the Michigan game was very uncharacteristic of this years play. We have been in every loss with a chance to win, but this one. I'm sure we were still riding high from the Purdue win and it helped bite us in the arse! Michigan caught fire early with a number of made 3 pt. shots which has not been there all year. That completely opened up their inside out game. We were on our heels the rest of the game. Everything was hurried and forced. Bottom line, Michigan wanted it much more that we did. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, I know why we lost.  I watched today's game completely naked, lathered my entire body in lavender scent lotion, and watched the game on my laptop while sitting on my front lawn.

i was going to hit the like button, but then i thought that might mean like i literally liked it?  something didn't seem right about that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I think we can all agree that our performance in the Michigan game was very uncharacteristic of this years play. We have been in every loss with a chance to win, but this one. I'm sure we were still riding high from the Purdue win and it helped bite us in the arse! Michigan caught fire early with a number of made 3 pt. shots which has not been there all year. That completely opened up their inside out game. We were on our heels the rest of the game. Everything was hurried and forced. Bottom line, Michigan wanted it much more that we did. 

I fully agree.

This was the rare game where we just weren't in it. It happens to every team at some point in the season. UM played very well, we were coming off a big win and playing the 3rd game in 7 days - it happens.  Still disappointing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Landen Turner is an example of someone who turned the corner and a season took off.  The difference is that Turner had elite althletic ability, length and skills.  Rob is still a solid player on this team and he will win games.  However; he needs shots to fall.  

Just thinking- I would of loved to see Green play in this system.  

Rob is a defensive player who when the stars align can hit some shots.  But anyone who counts on Rob doing anything offensively is lying to themselves.  He is the best option 2 we have.  But thinking he will win games for you is fools gold.  This kid is a senior.  Not some freshman we don't how he will play or react.  He is a really good defender who mostly can't hit the ocean while standing on the beach.  It is not going to just click for him.  I wish him well but i am over the Rob is going to turn the mantra.

• Like 2

We just got out played.  No excuses.  We didn't play good defense.  We didn't play good offense.  We just didn't play well, across the board, except for XJ, he played really well.  We usually only play 1 bad half of basketball and instead decided to play two.  This type of game is more excusable on the road, but in our house after knocking off a top rated team.  We should have been feeling unbeatable and curb stomped them. 

On to the next, lets take them to the woodshed

• Like 3

This past week taught us as fans the true identity of Hoosier basketball this season. We are a good team that when we play up to our capabilities can beat anyone in the country. For season one with a new coach and some new players. I will take that. Our goal this year get back to the dance. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

This past week taught us as fans the true identity of Hoosier basketball this season. We are a good team that when we play up to our capabilities can beat anyone in the country. For season one with a new coach and some new players. I will take that. Our goal this year get back to the dance. 

Great job not making me have to edit 4 "f-bombs".    😄

• Haha 4

IU has one non-con P5 win (St John's) and one B1G win (NEB) when the opponent scored more than 65 points. They have two losses (WI & PSU) where the opponents scored 64 and 61. They have to play lock-down defense every game to get a win. It's a small margin for error and represents the ceiling for this team. They aren't currently capable of just outscoring anyone on a night their D doesn't show up. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Serious observation...but I think Durr is one of our best shooters on the team. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad...probably more bad.

It is nice to see a big that can actually shoot from outside of 5 feet. Yeah, looking at you, Race, who is currently shooting under 14% from 3. Love the kid, and I realize he hit one yesterday, but might be time to stop.

1 hour ago, AxnJxn said:

It is nice to see a big that can actually shoot from outside of 5 feet. Yeah, looking at you, Race, who is currently shooting under 14% from 3. Love the kid, and I realize he hit one yesterday, but might be time to stop.

One of our biggest issues is that everyone on the team can shoot 3's but only a couple can make them. Lots of shooters few makers

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

One of our biggest issues is that everyone on the team can shoot 3's but only a couple can make them. Lots of shooters few makers

So at what point does CMW tell people like Race and Galloway to stop shooting them? XJ, RP, PS, MK, TB, and JG at least make them sometimes. This may sound crazy, but JG shoots them pretty damn well. Teams aren’t going to expect us to look for that being his typical positioning down low. Why don’t we look to him more? Kid strokes it. 

• Like 1

When we thought we were at cloud 9, we fell hard all the way to the ground. Back to reality. 

Meaning that this team's got some good potential, but the defensive game plan and preparation has to be impeccable. It looked like our players were nowhere close to defend UM's shooters and their crisp ball movements. Our guys were flying all over the place for nothing. Of course, UM had a heck of a game, making 11 of 17 3-point shots. 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

So at what point does CMW tell people like Race and Galloway to stop shooting them? XJ, RP, PS, MK, TB, and JG at least make them sometimes. This may sound crazy, but JG shoots them pretty damn well. Teams aren’t going to expect us to look for that being his typical positioning down low. Why don’t we look to him more? Kid strokes it. 

There's only one way JG can get an open three, essentially. 

Someone else, some way getting him open. Steal, penetration, doubling TJD, etc.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

Serious observation...but I think Durr is one of our best shooters on the team. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad...probably more bad.

Durr has a nice looking shot from the outside. The way he is starting to play is big for the Hoosiers and his minutes need to stay up if he continues playing like he is.

6 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

i know this isn't a popular concept these days, but it goes back to players need to shoot shots they can make at a high % only.  if you're not a 3 point shooter, don't try to prove that you are.  it's not an equal opportunity sport.  Durr takes good shots that he can make.  i like it.  

• Like 4