Stewart and Kopp

7 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I don’t disagree with that long term but I also don’t think making an adjustment to the current lineup stunts our development of younger guys in his system. There’s nothing wrong with adjusting to your current strengths without abandoning the overall coaching philosophy. 

What are you talking about? He literally is. Miller played 16 mins against Purdue. TG sucked Sunday btw. He was actually worse then Miller and Parker. 

Is this whole conversation about Miller and Parker not starting? I don't care who starts, at all. 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

What are you talking about? He literally is. Miller played 11 mins against Purdue. TG sucked Sunday btw. He was actually worse then Miller and Parker. 

Great. So you agree with me that Kopp should get less minutes because Woody is already dialing back those minutes. Galloway having one bad game doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s more efficient than Kopp on offense and far and away a better defender. It’s not just about the offensive side of the ball either. Kopp & Stew consistently get beat on Defense. 
What I’m talking about, along with everyone else commenting/writing about it, is why stick with a starting lineup that consistently creates deficits only to go to the bench to get back in the game, rinse and repeat in the second half, next game, etc. Asserting that we’re somehow better off or TJD /Race play better by allowing opponents to get out to 1st Half leads and squander our leads at the beginning of each 2nd half every night out is just weird position to take. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Great. So you agree with me that Kopp should get less minutes because Woody is already dialing back those minutes. Galloway having one bad game doesn’t take away from the fact that he’s more efficient than Kopp on offense and far and away a better defender. It’s not just about the offensive side of the ball either. Kopp & Stew consistently get beat on Defense. 
What I’m talking about, along with everyone else commenting/writing about it, is why stick with a starting lineup that consistently creates deficits only to go to the bench to get back in the game, rinse and repeat in the second half, next game, etc. Asserting that we’re somehow better off or TJD /Race play better by allowing opponents to get out to 1st Half leads and squander our leads at the beginning of each 2nd half every night out is just weird position to take. 

And that's why TG is playing more. They don't consistently get beat defensively, or even close to it. But yes, RP and TG are better defenders, no question. Miller's minutes are fine moving forward though. We have issues on our team, these two starting isn't one of them. 

It's just crazy that you think you're seeing something our coaching staff isn't. Yeah, if we see going forward it's not working... probably going to have to make some sort of change, but not if we are winning games. There is give and take with everything. You can't just flip the lineup every game because x player didn't play well the game before. 

If RT, RP, and TG play poorly tomorrow night. We will lose. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Problem with some of these bench players is sample size and the article mentions that. Is it they are better than the opposing teams second string? There is definitely an offense lineup and a defense lineup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Shouldn’t the question be, are we playing to our potential? 

Probably pretty close. I’m not sure why people are so upset. We clearly have a better coaching staff that understands we aren’t going to contend for anything. I’m not sure what’s changed.( in the minds of fans) we are a 5th to 7th place B1G team just off the bubble and we are playing that way with a few hiccups and upsets. We are fine. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

We just beat the #4 team in the country with our All American playing 11 minutes and are 14-5. Yes, this is near our ceiling, overall. 

And we beat them with zero contributions & drastically less minutes from both Kopp and Stew despite TJD being on the bench. Can’t have it both ways. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We just beat the #4 team in the country with our All American playing 11 minutes and are 14-5. Yes, this is near our ceiling, overall. 

I don’t agree one game decides that, and not sure if I agree (still TBD). Seems like our ceiling and floor are very far apart, and we’ve seen both on multiple occasions. Playing to potential for me would be showing some type of consistency, or knowing where we’ll land (or at least close to it) more times than not. Hopefully CMW is still molding them and we’ll see some of that consistency as we get closer to and into the tournament.  

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

And we beat them with zero contributions & drastically less minutes from both Kopp and Stew despite TJD being on the bench. Can’t have it both ways. 

Well of course. Most of their value comes when TJD is on the floor. What do you mean both ways? We won, that's literally the only "way" I want. 

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

Matchups matter. Woody knows this. For the majority of games Miller and Kopp fit the game. Woody even says this after a few dumb questions from fans and reporters. Give him a season or two. Very flawed roster that overall isn’t playing terrible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I don’t agree one game decides that, and not sure if I agree (still TBD). Seems like our ceiling and floor are very far apart, and we’ve seen both on multiple occasions. Playing to potential for me would be showing some type of consistency, or knowing where we’ll land (or at least close to it) more times than not. Hopefully CMW is still molding them and we’ll see some of that consistency as we get closer to and into the tournament.  

Consistency? We have been pretty damn consistent until Sunday. Literally we have competed in every game. We don't have the offensive firepower to win every game, though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

Probably pretty close. I’m not sure why people are so upset. We clearly have a better coaching staff that understands we aren’t going to contend for anything. I’m not sure what’s changed.( in the minds of fans) we are a 5th to 7th place B1G team just off the bubble and we are playing that way with a few hiccups and upsets. We are fine. 

That “understands we aren’t going to contend for anything”? I would love for you to ask CMW what he thinks about that comment because I guarantee you he won’t agree they “understand” that. They understand our limitations, but we’ve proven capable of beating any team in the Big10. If we’re happy at 7th then we didn’t play to our potential most of the year. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

That “understands we aren’t going to contend for anything”? I would love for you to ask CMW what he thinks about that comment because I guarantee you he won’t agree they “understand” that. They understand are limitations, but we’ve proven capable of beating any team in the Big10. If we’re happy at 7th then we didn’t play to our potential most of the year. 

We are probably the 7th (ish) best team in the B1G. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Consistency? We have been pretty damn consistent until Sunday. Literally we have competed in every game. We don't have the offensive firepower to win every game, though. 

Really? The joke early on and is still running is that we can’t put together two halves or a full game. Sure, we can be consistently inconsistent, but that isn’t playing to our potential. 

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Really? The joke early on and is still running is that we can’t put together two halves or a full game. Sure, we can be consistently inconsistent, but that isn’t playing to our potential. 

We don't have the potential to be a top 20 team, I don't think. We are in the next group of teams 20-35, yes that is our potential. Did you have us at 14-5 before the season? 

I never made that joke because I don't buy into stuff like that. We have played 19 games with this staff at IU and some are acting like these games are going to be the rule moving forward. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We are probably the 7th (ish) best team in the B1G. 

Who is the 6th team besides the five ranked? You do realize we pummeled OSU, gave Wiscy the game at their place, and beat Purdue. I won’t speak to Purdue bc they are certainly more talented, but why are we not consistently  better than Wiscy or OSU?

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Who is the 6th team besides the five ranked? You do realize we pummeled OSU, gave Wiscy the game at their place, and beat Purdue. I won’t speak to Purdue bc they are certainly more talented, but why are we not consistently  better than Wiscy or OSU?

What do you mean? Why aren't we? We don't have as good as players as those two schools do. 

Edited by btownqb

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Having a legit chance to win every game we've played, except for one, seems pretty consistent to me?

So consistently inconsistent is what we’re going with? Every game except Purdue (maybe OSU) we’ve had a mediocre to poor half. No? Is it too much to ask or expect to play a full game? My point is that there is certainly more potential or room for improvement, which is why I don’t understand the satisfaction. Sure, it’s better than last year, so I’m happy with the improvement and the staff, but I also think we’re better than we’ve played most games this year. 

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

That “understands we aren’t going to contend for anything”? I would love for you to ask CMW what he thinks about that comment because I guarantee you he won’t agree they “understand” that. They understand our limitations, but we’ve proven capable of beating any team in the Big10. If we’re happy at 7th then we didn’t play to our potential most of the year. 

That’s an emotional take. Typical for many Hoosier fans. Woodson understands the limits of his roster unlike you. By all means email him. Every team in the B1G is capable of beating any team on any given day/night. Always has been this way. Most rankings put us at 7th so me saying 5th to 7th is actually giving them credit. You guys should too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

So consistently inconsistent is what we’re going with? Every game except Purdue (maybe OSU) we’ve had a mediocre to poor half. No? Is it too much to ask or expect to play a full game? My point is that there is certainly more potential or room for improvement, which is why I don’t understand the satisfaction. Sure, it’s better than last year, so I’m happy with the improvement and the staff, but I also think we’re better than we’ve played most games this year. 

Because you are results driven, and for now, that isn't the metric to use. We aren't better then what we have played. If anything, worse. Beating Purdue and OSU were big deals. Now, we do have XJ playing REALLY good basketball right now, so get TG back going... find some new wrinkles for MK and PS and lets roll into the end of the season. 

Giving yourself a chance to win every game doesn't scream inconsistent. 

Is it too much to ask to expect to play a full game? I honestly don't even know what that means because even when we win you guys want lineup/rotation/whatever changes. It's crazy.