Lander

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Interesting we haven't seen Leal at all recently.  Does that mean he isn't bringing it in practice.  Same as Lander i assume.  Not doing enough in Practice to get minutes.

I think physically, these guys are just a year away from ready.  Iirc, Race has said in interviews, no one plays harder than Leal.

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

must be something, he isn't playing.  Has to be in practice then

I gave my answer.  

He's not physically ready.  He would play out of necessity but why play him if he's going to get physically dominated by most B1G guards?  Because he hustles and tries hard?  This also isn't complicated.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I gave my answer.  

He's not physically ready.  He would play out of necessity but why play him if he's going to get physically dominated by most B1G guards?  Because he hustles and tries hard?  This also isn't complicated.  

i wasn't really challenging your answer so relax.  I was just kinda thinking out loud.  You know, on a discussion board.  If you don't want to discuss, fine, but don't be an ass about it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i wasn't really challenging your answer so relax.  I was just kinda thinking out loud.  You know, on a discussion board.  If you don't want to discuss, fine, but don't be an ass about it

The board seems to want to argue over every little dot and tittle these days.  Sorry I jumped back so hard.  

I doubt its an attitude or effort deal with Leal.  Dont think its skill either.  I can't wait for him to grow up so to speak.  We will love him and others will hate him.  I think next year is a 15-20 minutes a game coming out party that we could easily see him get hot and hit 4 or 5 threes in no time.  The game will slow down for him and that stroke will start to connect to the bottom of the net.  Plus he makes hustle plays and we love that.  He's a true traditional Hoosier in my eyes and we will see him blossom in time.  

We're two-thirds through the season and half way through the B1G. Barring injury or foul trouble, I suspect the rotation will get tighter. Likely to see the five starters, plus Galloway, JG and Bates get nearly all of the available minutes. If Rob is out, then they will probably have to work KL in. Durr may get spot minutes. 

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

We're two-thirds through the season and half way through the B1G. Barring injury or foul trouble, I suspect the rotation will get tighter. Likely to see the five starters, plus Galloway, JG and Bates get nearly all of the available minutes. If Rob is out, then they will probably have to work KL in. Durr may get spot minutes. 

Isn't that what we've been doing? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The board seems to want to argue over every little dot and tittle these days.  Sorry I jumped back so hard.  

I doubt its an attitude or effort deal with Leal.  Dont think its skill either.  I can't wait for him to grow up so to speak.  We will love him and others will hate him.  I think next year is a 15-20 minutes a game coming out party that we could easily see him get hot and hit 4 or 5 threes in no time.  The game will slow down for him and that stroke will start to connect to the bottom of the net.  Plus he makes hustle plays and we love that.  He's a true traditional Hoosier in my eyes and we will see him blossom in time.  

Its ok.  I understand and agree about the board.  I am really looking forward to next year.  Get Galloway, Leal, Lander, Bates and the new blood on the floor for extended minutes and see what happens.  I think it will be an interesting next year, but year 3 for CMW should be stellar in my opinion.

• Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

Its ok.  I understand and agree about the board.  I am really looking forward to next year.  Get Galloway, Leal, Lander, Bates and the new blood on the floor for extended minutes and see what happens.  I think it will be an interesting next year, but year 3 for CMW should be stellar in my opinion.

I see no reason not to be very good next season. 

• Like 2

Just now, btownqb said:

I see no reason not to be very good next season. 

I agree we could be good.  But you just never know with some many new pieces on the floor.  I am basing all this on TJD, Rob, and Race being gone.  So Galloway, Lander, JG, Leal, Bates and the new kid coming, along with Duncomb and Durr on the block.  We should have some depth, but alot of inexperience there, which we know can lead to unexpected results at times.  Will probably be better in the Non-Con and then maybe struggle in the physicality of the B1G

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I agree we could be good.  But you just never know with some many new pieces on the floor.  I am basing all this on TJD, Rob, and Race being gone.  So Galloway, Lander, JG, Leal, Bates and the new kid coming, along with Duncomb and Durr on the block.  We should have some depth, but alot of inexperience there, which we know can lead to unexpected results at times.  Will probably be better in the Non-Con and then maybe struggle in the physicality of the B1G

I don't Race will leave. Why are you leaving XJ off your list? 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is easy why Leal isn't playing. There are other players ahead of him in the rotation and Woodson isn't going to play more than 10 guys.

maybe, he played some earlier in the year.  I am not arguing he should be playing.  I was responding to a much earlier comment about wanting more Leal. I actually think he isn't showing enough in practice on defense.

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Honestly, i completely forgot about XJ lol. Does he have another year?  I thought he was a sr also.

Isn't Race a Sr?  I just assumed this was his last year. 

Every player on our roster has another year of eligibility, if they want it. Truthfully, I will be much more surprised to hear Race is moving on, then him staying jmo. And I don't believe XJ transferred here for one year. Again jmo

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

maybe, he played some earlier in the year.  I am not arguing he should be playing.  I was responding to a much earlier comment about wanting more Leal. I actually think he isn't showing enough in practice on defense.

He only played because of Galloway injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Every player on our roster has another year of eligibility, if they want it. Truthfully, I will be much more surprised to hear Race is moving on, then him staying jmo. And I don't believe XJ transferred here for one year. Again jmo

Completely forgot about the extra year.  I can see Race staying then, along with XJ and even Rob unless the injury is bad and requires alot of therapy.  But he is a workhorse so i could see him coming back also.

Does Kopp and PS have another year also?

If so, something has to give right?  Someone is going to transfer out possibly?  Thoughts?

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Completely forgot about the extra year.  I can see Race staying then, along with XJ and even Rob unless the injury is bad and requires alot of therapy.  But he is a workhorse so i could see him coming back also.

Does Kopp and PS have another year also?

If so, something has to give right?  Someone is going to transfer out possibly?  Thoughts?

I think RP will be done with basketball, and idk the rest. Kopp and PS have an extra year, yes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If XJ gets a second year with this staff and continues to work like he has, he will be drafted in the NBA.

• Like 1