Lander

9 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

maybe, he played some earlier in the year.  I am not arguing he should be playing.  I was responding to a much earlier comment about wanting more Leal. I actually think he isn't showing enough in practice on defense.

You may be right on Leal, but really you are throwing darts. No one has any idea what goes on in practice.

7 hours ago, 94hoosier said:

I missed that

There will a lot of players that want to take a extra year asked to move on at a lot schools. That is going to make the portal even crazier

The portal will be crazy. As an example all 13 of our scholarship players are eligible to come back next year and we have three incoming recruits. Three current guys have to go. Nearly everyone assumes TJD is leaving which means, if true, we still need two more departures. Going to be a bit crazy.

20 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Why can’t Leal be a Sasha type ?

He could...but he really has to take that next level leap. It is all on him and his growth. I think it is much more likely to happen under Woody than Archie though. Guys were afraid to shoot under Archie. I'd say they all have a green light from Woody and will keep playing as long as they are working hard at the defensive end. Leal still hesitates though...and I think he could shoot better if he just lost his conscious....so we will see how he progresses....opportunities will be there as he continues to develop.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He could...but he really has to take that next level leap. It is all on him and his growth. I think it is much more likely to happen under Woody than Archie though. Guys were afraid to shoot under Archie. I'd say they all have a green light from Woody and will keep playing as long as they are working hard at the defensive end. Leal still hesitates though...and I think he could shoot better if he just lost his conscious....so we will see how he progresses....opportunities will be there as he continues to develop.

Sasha redshirts then plays plays a little as a freshman…..so Leal could make that jump next year 

• Like 2