Chris Mack

I have a co-worker who is a UL fan.  Was talking to him yesterday about the situation, and that was BEFORE the announcement about the trustee meeting today.  He had still not jumped off the Mack bandwagon and thought there was still a future for him at UL. Be interesting to see if all the news coming out last night changed how he sees it. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have a co-worker who is a UL fan.  Was talking to him yesterday about the situation, and that was BEFORE the announcement about the trustee meeting today.  He had still not jumped off the Mack bandwagon and thought there was still a future for him at UL. Be interesting to see if all the news coming out last night changed how he sees it. 

Does your co-worker long for the Denny Crum days?

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So, on a more serious note, I don't know how to look at this...

Is a good coach about to get freed up by a bungling administration, or did Mack screw it up that badly?

His time at Xavier tells me he knows how to coach...Maybe similar to the Archie Miller situation?

My opinion is they are about to lose a good coach because of everything that is going on at Louisville.  And some of that is Mack's fault.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, rico said:

My opinion is they are about to lose a good coach because of everything that is going on at Louisville.  And some of that is Mack's fault.

This....I'm not saying he has done the best job or there aren't certain similarities with Archie but this guy has been pushing a large boulder up a hill since he has got there with the crap that he has had to work through with investigations, roster issues etc. It was a mess...and the clouds are slowly starting to clear but alas I don't think he will still be there to really get a fair shake at this thing. They will be in a position to win right away though for the next coach....with much less uncertainty surrounding the program etc. All in all though can't feel sorry for Mack....he knew the mess he was getting into...and he got paid handsomely to navigate it. He will bounce back.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If I'm Mack I'm thanking UL for getting rid of me. UL is a dump. He can do better. 

It's better off than when he got there. I know the W/L isn't where it needs to be but it's a program that is coming out of a dark place. I do think the next coach will be on much better footing and it is a premier program. As far as Louisville and the school itself....haven't been there in a long time...you may be right about that part...but I seriously doubt he ever lands a better gig.