Chris Mack

5 minutes ago, rico said:

North Carolina?  Syracuse?  Butler?  

If I'm Butler I make that call! He would be outstanding. Familiar with the conference, the style of play, the recruiting region...and most importantly his style of play etc is kind of Butler's identity. I think he could win there...besides I doubt he fails up. Not likely to land a more prestigeous job after not working out at UL. He can certainly win enough at Butler though to get another shot down the road if that is his goal though.

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Yeah.  More like Butler.  But maybe that is better for him.  

I could see him ending up at Butler, Jordans seat has got to be getting hot there by now.

Like Archie maybe their max is being at teams like Xavier and Butler, they might not be able to handle the pressure of schools like Indiana and Louisville.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's better off than when he got there. I know the W/L isn't where it needs to be but it's a program that is coming out of a dark place. I do think the next coach will be on much better footing and it is a premier program. As far as Louisville and the school itself....haven't been there in a long time...you may be right about that part...but I seriously doubt he ever lands a better gig.

Yeah, no doubt he takes a step or two back before he's ever in a top 10ish program again.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I could see him ending up at Butler, Jordans seat has got to be getting hot there by now.

Like Archie maybe their max is being at teams like Xavier and Butler, they might not be able to handle the pressure of schools like Indiana and Louisville.

Could you imagine if Archie landed at Butler next year.....man canceling the Crossroads Classic might be really unpopular next year if that was to happen lol! I don't think they would hire him nor he take that job but gosh the story lines would be juicy lol.

• Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Could you imagine if Archie landed at Butler next year.....man canceling the Crossroads Classic might be really unpopular next year if that was to happen lol! I don't think they would hire him nor he take that job but gosh the story lines would be juicy lol.

It could actually happen, I would guess he is probably ready to get back into coaching after a year off. It just depends on what Butler does with Jordan.

• Like 1

Pat Forde's list of UL coaching prospects, including fan favorites:

Pearl - says no chance they hire a guy whose been sanctioned twice

Pitino - non starter

Kenny Payne

Matt Painter

Mick Cronin

Steve Forbes, Wake Forest

Mark Pope

Chris Holtman

Kevin Willard

Danny Hurley

Matt McMahon, Murray ST

Wes Miller

Scott Davenport, Bellarmine

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/26/chris-mack-out-louisville-basketball-future

I think Payne would have to be strong favorite if they can look past his association with KY and Calipari

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pitino - non starter

Kenny Payne

Matt Painter

Mick Cronin

Mark Pope

Chris Holtman

Kevin Willard

Danny Hurley

Matt McMahon, Murray ST

Wes Miller

https://www.si.com/college/2022/01/26/chris-mack-out-louisville-basketball-future

I think Payne would have to be strong favorite if they can look past his association with KY and Calipari

Would Painter ever leave Purdue?

I'm not sure he would...regardless of the money...

Cronin and Holtmann are pipes dreams...Lateral move at best...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I heard that a horse farm in Zionsville was just purchased by something called the Mass Hole BS Trust. 

If that ever happened, as far as the Hoosier fanbase goes, he would have gone from Brad F******  Stevens, to F****** Brad Stevens to Mother F****** Brad Stevens...

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

It could actually happen, I would guess he is probably ready to get back into coaching after a year off. It just depends on what Butler does with Jordan.

Oh I think Jordan is coaching for his job right now for sure. I just don't think Butler wants to hire a "failed" IU coach...the optics of it for Butler doesn't look good...and Archie either...and I'm not sure how recruiting would go for him in the state as well after his image took a hit from IU as well...and Butler still is mainly getting their talent from Indiana HS.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Oh I think Jordan is coaching for his job right now for sure. I just don't think Butler wants to hire a "failed" IU coach...the optics of it for Butler doesn't look good...and Archie either...and I'm not sure how recruiting would go for him in the state as well after his image took a hit from IU as well...and Butler still is mainly getting their talent from Indiana HS.

Yeah, you are probably right on that. 👍

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pitino - non starter

Kenny Payne

Matt Painter

Mick Cronin

Mark Pope

Chris Holtman

Kevin Willard

Danny Hurley

Matt McMahon, Murray ST

Wes Miller

If you can't get Pearl past the trustees then I'd say Payne and Wes Miller have to be odds on favorites. I know UK fans that would take Payne as their HC after Cal and Miller has lived and coached and recruited right smack dab in the middle of ACC country for years and is a good coach. That said the NBA trend has been picking up steam...wouldn't shock me there either.

Edited by dgambill

7 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Rumors on the Cardinals boards are that Mack is actually stepping down from all the turmoil there. A few thinks he wants the Maryland job. Supposedly the administration was willing to wait until the end of the year.

That job will still be open at the end of the year....and to walk away now when you are potentially being let go and pass up on the payout....yeah I don't believe that one. With his wife's connection to UL etc I don't see him wanting to run off from that job and think he would have to be forced out. Rumors will all be really crazy I'm sure right now....luckily it's their problem and I can just sit back and watch the melt down and wait...but I imagine the rumor mill is running rampant over there.

Edited by dgambill

28 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Pitino - non starter

Kenny Payne

Matt Painter

Mick Cronin

Mark Pope

Chris Holtman

Kevin Willard

Danny Hurley

Matt McMahon, Murray ST

Wes Miller

In my opinion UL is only an approvement for a few guys and those guys I don't think deserve to be in the conversation.  Pearl would be crazy to consider it. As would Cronin. The rest are kinda meh to me..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Rumors on the Cardinals boards are that Mack is actually stepping down with all the turmoil there. A few thinks he wants the Maryland job. Supposedly the administration was willing to wait until the end of the year.

not buying that. I believe that is to try and save face. Hearing that he was pushing to stay out the remainder of the season. No idea which if either are true. Also hearing that by using the intern AD and Pres to do it during the season leaves no blood on the hands of admin moving forward.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

not buying that. I believe that is to try and save face. Hearing that he was pushing to stay out the remainder of the season. No idea which if either are true. Also hearing that by using the intern AD and Pres to do it during the season leaves no blood on the hands of admin moving forward.

That makes a lot of sense honestly.

Just now, dgambill said:

That job will still be open at the end of the year....and to walk away now when you are potentially being let go and pass up on the payout....yeah I don't believe that one. Rumors will all be really crazy I'm sure right now....luckily it's their problem and I can just sit back and watch the melt down and wait...but I imagine the rumor mill is running rampant over there.

Yeah when it's not the Hoosiers I just kind of sit back and laugh at most of the rumors.

They already had a Brad Masshole thread, which to their credit was shot down pretty fast after hearing about the money he supposedly turned down from the Hoosiers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That job will still be open at the end of the year....and to walk away now when you are potentially being let go and pass up on the payout....yeah I don't believe that one. With his wife's connection to UL etc I don't see him wanting to run off from that job and think he would have to be forced out. Rumors will all be really crazy I'm sure right now....luckily it's their problem and I can just sit back and watch the melt down and wait...but I imagine the rumor mill is running rampant over there.

He is not going to leave that money on the table thats for sure. Butler would be a great fit and better pickup for Butler

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Yeah I don't buy it either. 👍

• Like 1