Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

14 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Time on the clock is irrelevant.  A guy crashing into a guy and knocking him over at any point, in any situation, is called a foul more often than not.  

If the roles were reversed, the vast majority of this board we be calling for a foul.

Time is absolutely not irrelevant in how basketball is officiated. Do we watch the same sport?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

That's fine, but show me once where a foul is called when a player swats the ball cleanly, and then his motion takes his arm or body to the shooter CLEARLY after the block has happened.  It never gets called.

Plays where it's not cut and dry get called sure, but not after clear, unequivocal blocks.

Carsen vs Tennessee….no block but landed next to and made contact with 

The rules are supposed to protect the shooter….not the flopper.., sorry Reggie & Sasha 

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

We would have lost another home game if we made the same number of 3s as we did in our last game vs MI. Got bailed out by some lucky shooting. 

Refs didn't eject the PSU player near Rob when he was injured. 

No depth. After our big 3, no player scored more than 5.

Not trying to nit-pik, but Galloway & Bates both had 6 a piece according to the box score. TG missed a couple of layups that could have gotten him to double digits. Bates didn't have that many open shots, but contributed in some other ways.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

Not trying to nit-pik, but Galloway & Bates both had 6 a piece according to the box score. TG missed a couple of layups that could have gotten him to double digits. Bates didn't have that many open shots, but contributed in some other ways.

You missed the sarcasm there...:coffee:

11 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Big Ten home cooking!  Impose your will on the opponent.  Great defense…lions started 3-21…

not sure if you credit CMW or blame Archie?  Maybe the new effort & attitude is XJ?  Flawed player but you can’t deny he brings it every night 

I too thought the officials let the game go a little more. Didn't call the ticky tack stuff...a little more bumping etc. I think we probably benefited from so momentum no calls where they kind of let the momentum of the game determine a couple calls but honestly even in the second half when PSU was making a run they called it pretty evenly in letting guys bang etc. What I would say is it was quite refreshing actually. There was a good flow to the game last night...didn't take long to play the game...and by the officiating kind of staying out of injecting themselves in too much allowed both teams to really get into the game and get some momentum. It just flowed well...even when PSU was making runs. That said it benefited us more because we were much more aggressive on ball defense and was able to get out and run and get into our sets a lot quicker. I'm honestly surprised that Penn St didn't press like Michigan did....maybe it was because they didn't score much to set it up (now that I think of that) but the zone and press against Iowa and Michigan has really upset our timing on our offense and Penn St could have used that last night when we were making our runs.

2 hours ago, DWB said:

I knew that. Should have caught that. I was skimming the box score on my phone and didn't notice those were 6s at the bottom. 

That was a fun game to watch, the blocks alone made the first half. Little bit of a letdown in second half, but not much to complain about. 

Lots to like about where we are so far in the season (15-5), including no multi-loss streaks. Feel like we would get down and lose three or five in a row with Archie. Don’t think Woody is going to allow that to happen. That teaching moment for Geronimo was pretty intense. But he should remember next time when he’s guarding a good three point shooter. 

• Like 1