Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

13 hours ago, btownqb said:

I've not watched a game this season and thought that. We had 3 and 4 subs on the court plenty of the time, in the first half. And I was told since last TH the starters WERE the problem? I can't keep it all straight.  Durr was suspended, so that obviously gave more mins to other people. 

Maybe I missed it but I don’t recall anyone saying all 5 starters were the problem.

Seemed to be more complaints when all 5 starters were taken out at the same time (hockey line substitutions) and complaints that both Stewart and Kopp shouldn’t start together which is quite a bit different than saying the starters (all 5) were the problem.

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

That was a fun game to watch, the blocks alone made the first half. Little bit of a letdown in second half, but not much to complain about. 

Lots to like about where we are so far in the season (15-5), including no multi-loss streaks. Feel like we would get down and lose three or five in a row with Archie. Don’t think Woody is going to allow that to happen. That teaching moment for Geronimo was pretty intense. But he should remember next time when he’s guarding a good three point shooter. 

I think all the blocks in the first half led to some undisciplined defense in the second half. Everyone was leaving their feet on EVERY shot. 

1 hour ago, IU878176 said:

Maybe I missed it but I don’t recall anyone saying all 5 starters were the problem.

Seemed to be more complaints when all 5 starters were taken out at the same time (hockey line substitutions) and complaints that both Stewart and Kopp shouldn’t start together which is quite a bit different than saying the starters (all 5) were the problem.

It's a laundry list. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

XJ is an exceptional athlete. Quick, strong, jumps well, incredibly fast as well, and long for his height. 

He's flat out floating in this video

XJ's on the ball defense was always decent, but in the past few games it's been exceptional...as good as Rob's I thought...and almost every BTN announcer says Rob's one of the best defenders in the league...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

XJ's on the ball defense was always decent, but in the past few games it's been exceptional...as good as Rob's I thought...and almost every BTN announcer says Rob's one of the best defenders in the league...

Not that it matters, but I say it too 🤪.

In the sequence right before he came up limping on the rebound, Rob was a defensive savant... I cannot wait to get him back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Not that it matters, but I say it too 🤪.

In the sequence right before he came up limping on the rebound, Rob was a defensive savant... I cannot wait to get him back.

Are you talking about the play where he:

1) nearly got a steal jumping the passing lane

2) busted his butt to contest a shot as our defense rotated

3) tracked down a long rebound from the other side of the court

That play should be on a coaches clinic of what it looks like to play hard. Lander isn’t as talented as Rob on defense, but if he can start doing things like that which is all effort it would go a long way. Hope he can step up in Rob’s absence. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Are you talking about the play where he:

1) nearly got a steal jumping the passing lane

2) busted his butt to contest a shot as our defense rotated

3) tracked down a long rebound from the other side of the court

That play should be on a coaches clinic of what it looks like to play hard. Lander isn’t as talented as Rob on defense, but if he can start doing things like that which is all effort it would go a long way. Hope he can step up in Rob’s absence. 

Yeah, that was a heck of a sequence and it was all "want to". Most of the guys on the roster (not Durr) could do that if they wanted to.  Coaches love Rob because he does.

• Like 2