Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Damn.  You go from hero to Coach's doghouse in less than a week.  

Durr knew it though.  Everyone else on the bench had their warm-up off towards the end of their game.  Even the walk-ons.  But, Durr didn't.

I gotta admit I like this.  Geronimo played mybe his best game ever, but when he got lost on defense his but was immediately on the bench with what looked like some choice words from coach.  I love that coach is not coddling these guys, not only does it develop them, but I think it improves team chemistry when guys know there are consequences.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Damn.  You go from hero to Coach's doghouse in less than a week.  

Durr knew it though.  Everyone else on the bench had their warm-up off towards the end of their game.  Even the walk-ons.  But, Durr didn't.

I'd say you have to open your mouth and insert your whole head with extreme cockiness to fall so fast. ... Could be a very good wake up call if used properly. 

2 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Just checking in to see what members are bitching about after a conference win😉

A lot not to like, but the worst of the worst.

• We were only 10-13 from 3
  • After only leading by 29 at half, Coach still trotted out the same 5 guys to start the second half
  • We had 10 blocks, but only 8 steals
  • Parker Stweart now looks like Justin Smith.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• What the heck did Durr do to get in the doghouse?  Guessing he let the Turdue game go to his head and got lazy in practice.  Whatever it was, I love seeing Woody run a tight ship.
  • I ran the play back several times where Phinisee came up lame.  I sure as heck didn't see anything...no twists or awkward landings.  I really hate hearing the rumors that it is a serious injury.  I saw a single play where Rob (1)gambled on the steal, (2) got back to contest the shot and (3) got the rebound.  He was really hustling and it's such a bummer to hear he is hurt.
  • Loved the first half, but I hate that it inevitably leads to a big letdown.  Ughh...so frustrating.
  • X is really playing well...I mean really, really well.  Huge pickup for this staff.  I hope he doesn't get hurt...yikes.
  • Race had a really nice shooting game.  If he can maintain that, it's a Game. Changer.
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Andy Katz is saying Rob suffered a lower leg injury 

Wow, that could be anything from an ingrown toe nail to a partial amputation.

How is it that these people can make a paycheck from these diagnosis? I would do great at the Kinsey institute if this is all it takes. "Sorry but you have a middle of the body issue and it appears that your dad was actually gay". 

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Stepping back and looking at the bigger picture, here’s an encouraging sign. We haven’t lost more than 1 game in a row this year so far. Under Archie every season had a soul crushing/year ending losing streak, with maybe the one exception being the year the tournament got canceled. If we can keep the loss streaks to 1 we will definitely be tournament bound.

2020-2021   6 game losing streak

2019-2020   4 game losing streak

2019-2019    7 game losing streak, followed by 1 win, followed by another 5 game losing streak

2017-2018    4 game losing streak

Edited by madmax
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I could watch off and on the game but saw it got out of hand pretty quick.

Did we plat that well and did PSU play like the PSU of old?  I wish i could have concentrated on the game but could only peek in every 5 or 10 minutes.

Great Win.

Big Ten home cooking!  Impose your will on the opponent.  Great defense…lions started 3-21…

not sure if you credit CMW or blame Archie?  Maybe the new effort & attitude is XJ?  Flawed player but you can’t deny he brings it every night 

• Like 3