Maryland Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

21 hours ago, psychobat said:

Probably those crappy Adidas shoes :coffee:

I'm not sure if its the shoes but it could be the sandals or going barefoot too often on hard surfaces. I just switched to Okabashi sandals last year to wear around the house. They were ranked at the top for plantar fasciitis sandals.

51 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Easy….I don’t know about the Adidas bb shoes, but IMHO Adidas tennis/running shoes are way more comfortable than Nike… These are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. I love ‘em..lol 
Now only if Adidas could see this pitch and send me a free pair!🤓

I just bought my first pair of adidas shoes in decades last summer and agree they are really comfortable.  They have a hit with their cloudform line.  

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

so... would we rather see Michigan beat MSU today because MSU is ahead of us or... do we figure they will finish ahead of us and want Mich to lose to help make sure they don't also finish ahead of us?

I was thinking the same thing.  We are are 2 games behind MSU so it will he hard to catch them so I would say go MSU

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so... would we rather see Michigan beat MSU today because MSU is ahead of us or... do we figure they will finish ahead of us and want Mich to lose to help make sure they don't also finish ahead of us?

If UM wins, it will at least make me feel a little better about our loss to them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was thinking the same thing.  We are are 2 games behind MSU so it will he hard to catch them so I would say go MSU

Not me...I want everyone ahead of us to lose, and everyone behind us to win.

If things all shook out right, by Sunday evening we'd only be a game out if first...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The Wisconsin game, yea whatever, It’s Wisconsin. But losing to PSU at PSU, yikes, if we have beaten them, we would be 16-4, 7-3. That loss just hurts

I don't know...we frittered away a 22 point lead in Madison...

Inevitably we were going to lose a road game to a bottom half team the way the Big 10 stacks up this year. Penn State is not going to challenge for the Big 10 title. Wisconsin is.

Losing the way we did at Wisconsin was double hurt to me...

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

No real effects of the storm here in MD. No accumulation, roads were perfectly fine. 

From the pic posted above, it looks like the arena is totally empty. That's why I thought the weather might have an effect. Know it's an hour before tip off, but we certainly have more in the stands than that an hour ahead of time.

Oh well....wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, DWB said:

From the pic posted above, it looks like the arena is totally empty. That's why I thought the weather might have an effect. Know it's an hour before tip off, but we certainly have more in the stands than that an hour ahead of time.

Oh well....wishful thinking.

Just starting to fill in now, but still pretty empty. 38 minutes left on the game clock.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Crowd? At the Xfinity tomb? 

I've watched a few of the Terps home games, and if this is like any of those, between @BGleas and @Hippopotamo, we'll have em outnumbered... 

Still pretty empty. 

Glad it's empty today, but when I lived in Maryland I went to several games, and it's typically an amazing college atmosphere when they are right. Sad to see a great college venue so empty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Still pretty empty. 

Glad it's empty today, but when I lived in Maryland I went to several games, and it's typically an amazing college atmosphere when they are right. Sad to see a great college venue so empty. 

That's got to put a dent in recruiting and one thing Maryland has always seem to done well is recruit.  I assume with the coaching questions, recruiting has got to be dead for them right now.

• Like 1