Deland McCullough

22 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

That glow over the horizon isn’t the sun…it’s fire. IU program is on fire and not the good kind. Sounding like our worst fears are coming true. Our coach can’t let go of his buddy that is spoiling the momentum.  IU football is spectacularly failing right before our eyes. 

smh

8 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Hopefully it’s an overreaction but…. Let’s just say there are some former guys in the program who were pretty surprised with some decisions this off-season, so it’s not surprising to me if McCullough is perplexed, assuming it’s about who I think it is.

I think Tom Allen is the perfect type of coach for IU, I really do. But you have to be objective about the performance of your guys and the state of the program. If you cannot make the tough decisions, then you can't be the head coach. Another responsibility is listening to your coaches, players, and others who might see things a bit differently. This would be a bad look for CTA if true. If he's willing to sink himself and the program over one guy, then this program has some serious problems. I have questioned his decision to play his son after multiple injuries. I don't believe his talent is better than the guys listed behind him. So I hope these rumors are not true. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think Tom Allen is the perfect type of coach for IU, I really do. But you have to be objective about the performance of your guys and the state of the program. If you cannot make the tough decisions, then you can't be the head coach. Another responsibility is listening to your coaches, players, and others who might see things a bit differently. This would be a bad look for CTA if true. If he's willing to sink himself and the program over one guy, then this program has some serious problems. 

Or... DM could just be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think Tom Allen is the perfect type of coach for IU, I really do. But you have to be objective about the performance of your guys and the state of the program. If you cannot make the tough decisions, then you can't be the head coach. Another responsibility is listening to your coaches, players, and others who might see things a bit differently. This would be a bad look for CTA if true. If he's willing to sink himself and the program over one guy, then this program has some serious problems. 

I hope we/I’m wrong but this has classic IU football written all over it. I’m very skeptical of IU football getting it all together. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Some people want to blame Hiller for everything lol

Why is that though? And are you saying Deland's interest in ND is not based on internal conflict? If not, why is he interviewing after uprooting his entire family to come back to IU? Something is odd about this whole situation. I understand Notre Dame is more prestigious, but so was the NFL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Some rumors floating around that Deland and TA didn’t exactly see eye to eye on some things. Specifically that Allen isn’t being objective in regards to some of the coaches still on staff. 

If true, it’s obviously Hiller. His room was the least successful on the team last year considering their lack of injuries/transfers compared to others. I’m sure Hiller is a nice guy, and I don’t wish for people to lose their jobs but I haven’t seen so much as a single compliment for the job he’s don thus far. 

If Allen is willing to let DM walk to stick up for Hiller then he’s still not ready to be the head guy at a power 5 school.  Also, if you’re gonna give a guy the “AHC” title it better carry weight otherwise it’s useless and a slap in the face when your concerns/positions are dismissed. Here’s to hoping this is all smoke, no fire or it can get fixed.  

6 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Or it could be Allen…. It’s pretty surprising after last year the sole coaching staff change has been OC…. 

I mean none of us are on the inside, so who knows, but after such a colossal failure you’d think you’d be trying to change more than we have.

Yeah that's what the op was saying. We are changing the RB coach now, too, apparently. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Ok. So he is pouting? Either you're in or you're out. Apparently he's out.  🤷‍♂️

That’s sort of avoiding the topic.

Yes, it clearly looks like he’s out. If he’s out, it doesn’t mean he’s wrong. 

if he’s out because he doesn’t think Allen holds coaches accountable….. that’s not a good look at all. 

Frankly I’d think it’s absurd if we lose McCollough because of Hiller. Give me DM all day over Hiller.

Edited by IndyHoosier22
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Or... DM could just be wrong. 

On the offense side of the ball I’d trust DM’s opinion far more than I’d trust Allen’s. He’s played/coached at the highest levels at that position his entire career. Allen has been involved on the offensive side of the ball for a handful of years and relied heavily on his OCs. An Associate HC & RB coach absolutely should have a say when it comes to the Offensive Line, coach and personnel. This is Allen’s program, I totally get that but Hiller is a weird position coach to draw a line in the sand for in this situation. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

On the offense side of the ball I’d trust DM’s opinion far more than I’d trust Allen’s. He’s played/coached at the highest levels at that position his entire career. Allen has been involved on the offensive side of the ball for a handful of years and relied heavily on his OCs. An Associate HC & RB coach absolutely should have a say when it comes to the Offensive Line, coach and personnel. This is Allen’s program, I totally get that but Hiller is a weird position coach to draw a line in the sand for in this situation. 

DM isn't the boss. Period. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And it doesn't mean CTA is. I didn't avoid anything.  

No, but it’s pretty perplexing we’ve had the most disappointing football season probably in program history and have made one single significant coaching change.

Why are we willing to lose McCullough to protect Hiller? What O-Line has Hiller trotted out that’s ever performed above expectation? Our O Line has been consistently worse than what it was under previous coaching.

I just don’t get this at all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

No, but it’s pretty perplexing we’ve had the most disappointing football season probably in program history and have made one single significant coaching change.

Why are we willing to lose McCullough to protect Hiller? What O-Line has Hiller trotted out that’s ever performed above expectation? Our O Line has been consistently worse than what it was under previous coaching.

I just don’t get this at all.

What? We literally replaced our OC/DC/DL. And our AHC can't offer any more stability then that because he didn't get his way? That's pretty weak if so.  

DM completely decimated our RBs room, btw.  

Edited by btownqb

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

DM isn't the boss. Period. 

And soon Allen won’t be either if he doesn’t get the offensive side of the ball fixed. That starts with the OL. Another year like last year and he’s as good as gone. If you’re the boss you better surround yourself with top talent, not your friends…your friends will get you fired. If DM bails, it’s a horrible look…no other way to look at it.  

• Like 2