Deland McCullough

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Lol. You’re not only missing the point, you don’t even have a logical counter point…but whatever man. LEO

I’m sure you can go back and read my point without me having to type it again. I understand people love to worry, and complain, and point fingers at every little aspect of every little detail. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

The reality of this is: none of these decisions impact my life in any real way. For me, IU sports are fun to enjoy and I want them to succeed.

You are right that not everything has to be "blamed", but we do live in a world of cause and effect. All choices have consequences and it's completely understandable to be interested in how things play out and what caused change in the first place.

How is this discourse "counterproductive"? To whom and in what way? My ramblings on here aren't "productive" in any tangible way, so how is the opposite true?

This is a message board. This is the place to discuss things like this.

I don't think rushing to conclusions should ever be viewed as anything but counterproductive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think rushing to conclusions should ever be viewed as anything but counterproductive.

Completely fair.

That said, the speed in which these coaching changes happen (usually lighting quick) are cause for speculation in the immediate sense. Fair or not, the perception/optics of things can heavily influence or outweigh the element/decision itself.

ALSO, very optimistic news about Dasan!

7 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Completely fair.

That said, the speed in which these coaching changes happen (usually lighting quick) are cause for speculation in the immediate sense. Fair or not, the perception/optics of things can heavily influence or outweigh the element/decision itself.

ALSO, very optimistic news about Dasan!

I've never understood the need to constantly speculate. That's a personal thing though, and I'm not saying that like I'm a better fan because of it. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I guess I don't understand all the speculation and uproar. 

It's Notre Dame football. I love IU more than anyone, but let's be honest, it's still Indiana Football.

10 out of 10 people would take the ND job.

He left the KC Chiefs for Indiana so that argument doesn’t hold weight. The speculation is because of that fact and that he’s leaving his family for a demotion, unless ND is also making him AHC.

There’s also word from inside the athletic department confirming DM was upset with the OL situation and Hiller, went to Allen and was rebuffed….allegedly….so there’s that

Just now, Hoosier82 said:

He left the KC Chiefs for Indiana so that argument doesn’t hold weight. The speculation is because of that fact and that he’s leaving his family for a demotion, unless ND is also making him AHC.

There’s also word from inside the athletic department confirming DM was upset with the OL situation and Hiller, went to Allen and was rebuffed….allegedly….so there’s that

How do you know that is the case.  Are you inside the athletic department.  If you are you shouldn't be posting things like that on message boards.

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Theres no demotion when you go from Indiana to Notre Dame. He probably realized he never should have left KC.

• Like 3