Deland McCullough

2 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Heartbreaking. 

Again, what is the obsession to blame "this" on CTA? I don't understand. You laugh at my post, which is fine, happens like 5 times a day from people...... but, you still don't go into any sort of detail at all. What are you still trying to prove? If you want to believe that speculation you're more than welcome to, but there is a pretty clear path here that this isn't CTA's "fault". 

I just don't understand where your outrage is coming from, at all, and apparently I'm not the only one. 

Sure, what you think happened, could have happened, I guess. But if it did, why would Dasan still be a Hoosier? 

Why do you WANT to believe the worse? Because at this point, that's exactly where we are. You are choosing that. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

He left the KC Chiefs for Indiana so that argument doesn’t hold weight. The speculation is because of that fact and that he’s leaving his family for a demotion, unless ND is also making him AHC.

There’s also word from inside the athletic department confirming DM was upset with the OL situation and Hiller, went to Allen and was rebuffed….allegedly….so there’s that

And I’ve heard he didn’t leave KC of his own accord.  How do we know what is true and what isn’t?

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Again, what is the obsession to blame "this" on CTA? I don't understand. You laugh at my post, which is fine, happens like 5 times a day from people...... but, you still don't go into any sort of detail at all. What are you still trying to prove? If you want to believe that speculation you're more than welcome to, but there is a pretty clear path here that this isn't CTA's "fault". 

I just don't understand where your outrage is coming from, at all, and apparently I'm not the only one. 

Sure, what you think happened, could have happened, I guess. But if it did, why would Dasan still be a Hoosier? 

Why do you WANT to believe the worse? Because at this point, that's exactly where we are. You are choosing that. 

First of all and most importantly, I’m calmer than you are.
I explained in great detail what I believe happened and why I think DM is moving on. As for Dasan, I donno man…maybe it’s his NIL, maybe it’s because the issues are on the other side of the ball, maybe he likes it at IU and doesn’t want to go to ND, maybe he has personal issues with the Catholic church??? I donno, Ask him. I don’t even care to speculate in other than to reiterate that Dasan may still change his mind (just as he did before with his OSU decision) if in fact NIL isn’t going to be an issue.
I don’t know where all your blind loyalty to CTA comes from either but that’s your prerogative…it’s ok to have a different position. Based on the facts, small amount or info I’ve been told, and logic/timing behind the move, I believe CTA messed this up. I don’t think there’s bad blood but I do think DM wanted a different opportunity than he ultimately got. Regardless,  I’m not gonna tell you what to believe…do you. Perhaps you can afford me the same. 

3 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

And I’ve heard he didn’t leave KC of his own accord.  How do we know what is true and what isn’t?

Well now that is news to me. The 2020 NFL RB Coach of the year was fired??? Ok then. I know what DM said when asked why he left KC to take the IU job. He doesn’t strike me as a liar but you’ve heard otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier82 said:

Well now that is news to me. The 2020 NFL RB Coach of the year was fired??? Ok then. I know what DM said when asked why he left KC to take the IU job. He doesn’t strike me as a liar but you’ve heard otherwise. 

I have no idea if what I heard is true.  Honestly, I doubt it is.  But if so, it wouldn’t be the first coach that has put a spin on something.  

And if everything you have said is correct, differences inside a coaching staff occur all the time.  It doesn’t necessarily mean one side is right and the other side is wrong and messed something up.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

First of all and most importantly, I’m calmer than you are.
I explained in great detail what I believe happened and why I think DM is moving on. As for Dasan, I donno man…maybe it’s his NIL, maybe it’s because the issues are on the other side of the ball, maybe he likes it at IU and doesn’t want to go to ND, maybe he has personal issues with the Catholic church??? I donno, Ask him. I don’t even care to speculate in other than to reiterate that Dasan may still change his mind (just as he did before with his OSU decision) if in fact NIL isn’t going to be an issue.
I don’t know where all your blind loyalty to CTA comes from either but that’s your prerogative…it’s ok to have a different position. Based on the facts, small amount or info I’ve been told, and logic/timing behind the move, I believe CTA messed this up. I don’t think there’s bad blood but I do think DM wanted a different opportunity than he ultimately got. Regardless,  I’m not gonna tell you what to believe…do you. Perhaps you can afford me the same. 

Not true and I didn't.  

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

And if everything you have said is correct, differences inside a coaching staff occur all the time.  It doesn’t necessarily mean one side is right and the other side is wrong and messed something up.  

100%. The only thing I believe to be fact is that DM and CTA didn’t see eye to eye on the direction of the OL and Hiller.
It is; however, strictly my opinion (remember, that’s what this forum is for) that CTA screwed this up and should have listened to DM (and others) regarding Hiller. It also my opinion/theory that DM expected to have more authority and input over the direction of the offense than CTA has allowed. 

As for leaving KC, He was literally the best in the NFL at his job and if it wasn’t working out for whatever reason, he didn’t need to come to Indiana for a new job. Andy Reid said at the time that his departure was unexpected and DM said Allen reached out with this opportunity to be AHC and all things considered (future coaching aspirations, family life, coaching his sons, etc.) it was an offer he couldn’t pass up. 

5 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

Bottom line is for me, I would put some credence to these rumors if his sons were transferring with him, but I haven't seen anywhere yet that they are. If their dad was unhappy, I would imagine they would go with him.

It’s way to early. If they are they won’t say anything until everything is ready. I’m expecting at least one will end up with dad at some point. If people think these sweet tweets are set in stone are delusional. They have to say something. 🤦🏻

Edited by Victobmyboy

5 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

It’s way to early. If they are they won’t say anything until everything is ready. I’m expecting at least one will end up with dad at some point. If people think these sweet tweets are set in stone are delusional. They have to say something. 🤦🏻

ok 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1