@ Maryland Game Thread

Reacher

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, he was playing much harder defensively Wednesday. He's hurt IU on that end in his stint. 

He’ll get there. He seems to lose his attention span sometimes but he’s not alone. Maryland isn’t a good outside shooting team but we’re giving them too many wide open looks. 

• Like 1

Three games in a row where they do not anticipate the press and turn it over. They freeze, pick up the dribble, make a tough pass and it's a turnover. 

Asking a lot of Lander on D. Hasn't played much. Looks 40 lbs underweight for the guys he's guarding. Just no place to hide him defensively. 

Galloway is even better in person. He makes so much happen on both ends. 

We really need Stewart and Kopp to find a way to score. They both definitely create space for TJD and Race to post, that is a real benefit they provide, but geez they also have to find a way to get and make l open looks too. 

• Like 4

Lots of short threes today. Could be a sign of fatigue. Lots of missed shots within five feet, which has been a constant.

It seems like CMW is just trying to steal some time for X and TJD so they do not collapse in the second half. At this rate, Lander will foul out in three more playing minutes.

• Like 1

It always irratated the crap out of me as a player when I’d pick up helpside to cut off a driving player who got past his defender only to have my teammate stand and watch rather than pick up my guy. The only IU player I see who picks up TJD’s guy regularly is X, and he’s rarely getting beat by his guy in the first place. If TJD is going to keep coming off his man to block/divert shots at the rim his teammates have to do a much better job at blocking out his guy

• Like 1