@ Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well since I have had Covid 3 times I am not holding my breath.

My younger son and I both have it right now. First time, but so far, has basically been like a bad cold. 99 degree fever, cough, runny nose and basically feeling like ass. 

On the bright side, nothing to do outside with the snow, and a solid weekend of sports on the tube….could be worse. 

• Like 3

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

My younger son and I both have it right now. First time, but so far, has basically been like a bad cold. 99 degree fever, cough, runny nose and basically feeling like ass. 

On the bright side, nothing to do outside with the snow, and a solid weekend of sports on the tube….could be worse. 

Me too. I’m confined to the basement with a wicked sore throat. That win made it feel a little better though.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

ILL plays at home on 2/2 vs Wisc. We play them at home on 2/5. 

Good we have a week, because hopefully Durr will have worked his way out of the doghouse, and Rob is back...

Durr can provide crucial minutes (not to mention 5 fouls) against Cockburn...and I think we'll see a lot of 2 PGs on the floor against Plummer and Frazier...

Still don’t like some of the shot selection from XJ, but we aren’t where we are right now without him. I’ve been pretty hard on him in the past, but he’s our MVP IMO. 

Race and TJD were warriors on both ends.  Would really love it if TJD could stop missing 2-3 layups every game, but I think he makes up for it. 

JG’s energy was a big key today almost as much as XJ’s. Sky seems to be the limit for him.

TG was big-time as he typically is off of the bench. 

Kopp hit a couple big shots, but didn’t get much out of him, PS, or TB combined. Impressive to win without much contribution from the three of them. Can tell TB is really pressing. Ceiling can truly be up there if we get everybody clicking at once. 

No letdown against Illinois. 

• Like 2

Great game. 
Great contributions from about everyone who played except for Parker.

Landers played some very good offensive minutes but still needs work on defense. 

Totally impressed when KL got his 4th foul and CMW pulled him over—but not out. Must have said something to give Landers confidence because almost immediately afterwards he hit a 3.

The more I watch, the more I wonder if Race isn’t the better pro prospect than TJD

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

When I had it the last time it felt like a chest cold

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Totally impressed when KL got his 4th foul and CMW pulled him over—but not out. Must have said something to give Landers confidence because almost immediately afterwards he hit a 3.

I'm rewatching it, and when Coach Woody pulled Khristian over, Jimmy Jackson said he played for Woody in Cleveland, and he'll put players into the best situation to succeed...just listen to the tutelage and accept the teaching...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 8