@ Maryland Post Game Thread

KDB

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

For certain it's too early to tell where Woody really ranks, but he's far exceeded my expectations for year one.  He's a real leader of men and I can't imagine what coach I'd rather see IU have right now.

What about a coach that eats off the floor?

https://twitter.com/TCuppRadio/status/885948704573853698?s=20&t=7qZ7FYGeUQci_enKXmgwpg

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He is the best coach for this team at this time. I cannot imagine anyone else stepping in when we were so down and reinvigorating the players, students and alumni like Woody has.

I don’t think these guys were far off from achieving this last year under Archie. Point guard play is a huge upgrade but Archie laid a lot of fundamentals down with these guys…so I don’t want to give all the credit to Woody…the cupboard wasn’t bare…but certainly Woodys voice and leadership helped us turn the corner with them.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

if any of these guys leave at the end of the year (Trayce/Rob/Race/Xavier etc). Will lose a lot of leadership and that ain’t easy to replace. That brotherhood is hard to find…hope they all think long and hard before moving on.

I have got to believe that a shot (and I mean a good shot) at a NC will be remembered for the rest of their lives, even if some of them get an NBA title or 2.

We could be very special next year if TJD, Race, & X come back with the added talent coming in.

(yeah I know....not going to happen, but....just think)

Edited by DWB
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DWB said:

I have got to believe that a shot (and I mean a good shot) at a NC will be remembered for the rest of their lives, even if some of them get an NBA title or 2.

We could be very special next year if TJD, Race, & X come back with the added talent coming in.

(yeah I know....not going to happen, but....just think)

At least 3 have to leave

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don’t think these guys were far off from achieving this last year under Archie. Point guard play is a huge upgrade but Archie laid a lot of fundamentals down with these guys…so I don’t want to give all the credit to Woody…the cupboard wasn’t bare…but certainly Woodys voice and leadership helped us turn the corner with them.

Maybe so, but without CMW, a lot of the current roster is gone

• Like 7

I didn't read through this entire thread so I'm probably repeating some things but...

Xavier is continuing to improve and play more under control, while still maintaining his aggressiveness. Definitely a top PG in the Big 10.

It was great seeing Lander step back in today and make a few plays...including stroking a nice looking 3 ball.

Race's 3 ball is starting to fall. I think it was just a matter of him getting confidence in taking them during actual games, as I'm sure he was hitting a good amount in practice or he wouldn't have been putting them up like he was. If he can keep it up, it will open up the half court offense more, which should be good for everyone, especially TJD.

TJD was really good as usual.

Geronimo is really good, and you can see it starting to come together for him. Great job on the boards. He is going to be a special player.

Galloway played a great game...as usual, lots of hustle plays and loved the dunk he got. Plays with such smarts and tenacity. 

Shout out to the CMW and staff. You can see both the team and individual players making strides, which is so refreshing to see. I want IU to be like MSU teams, which can sometimes struggle early, but almost always are much better towards the end of the season.

Only negative I will mention is blocking out...they need to work on blocking out consistently. The good news is that is something that they can work on and if I have noticed it in a few games, I'm sure this coaching staff has and will address it in practice.

Great job with free throws and limiting turnovers today.

Great road win. Now they get a nice break to prepare for Illinois. Go Hoosiers!!

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The more I watch, the more I wonder if Race isn’t the better pro prospect than TJD

Possible. I guess it all boils down to who can find the best fit. 

It would not surprise me to see more guys getting to the NBA. With a good base of talent, I think Woodson will really develop guys and play a system that prepares them for the NBA. 

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

- We need to find a way to get Stewart and Kopp involved offensively. 

This will be the difference between being a good team that can play with and potentially beat most good teams and being a really dangerous team. The defense and ball security make IU a tough out unless they run into a hot shooting team and can’t match the scoring 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

you'll be safe now!  no way you'll get Covid or the flu if you got the shots.

I don’t know why this stuff continues to get mentioned on a sports forum but since it is…….it’s incomprehensible that people joke about the effectiveness of the vaccines. Literally NO ONE said they would 100% prevent covid just as no vaccine is 100% effective. They are, however, indisputably saving lives, reducing hospitalizations  and there are daily sad stories of people needlessly dying because they were not vaccinated.

PS, Great win today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IU878176 said:

I don’t know why this stuff continues to get mentioned on a sports forum but since it is…….it’s incomprehensible that people joke about the effectiveness of the vaccines. Literally NO ONE said they would 100% prevent covid just as no vaccine is 100% effective. They are, however, indisputably saving lives, reducing hospitalizations  and there are daily sad stories of people needlessly dying because they were not vaccinated.

PS, Great win today.

Yet you posted. Thanks.

• Like 4