Illinois pre game

Hoosierfan1901

17 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Obviously HSN does not function well with this much time between games.  😁

Come on gang.

I knew a week was too long for us... we are all suffering withdraw symptoms by now. 

I think it is worse because we are bouncing between unmitigated hope and tempering due to so many years of disappointment. We just want the next piece of evidence. 

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Would love to see Illinois beat Wisconsin tonight and then we beat Illinois on Saturday. They would both have 3 losses and we would be in great shape in the standings heading into the home stretch. 

Either way, it's beneficial for us...We have the Badgers at home too later on...but Illinois losing another home game might be a little better...

Now, I'd really like to see Minnesota deal Purdue a blow tonight...

• Like 4

The table is set for IU.

Knock off the B1G leader at high noon on Saturday (at home) and you are back on the radar nationally and likely ranked in the Top 25.

Wis did what a lot of teams do - whoever Kofi was guarding stayed on the perimeter for the most part. He still ended up with 37 points 12 rebounds. Overall the rebounding was close but the difference was Wis couldn't buy a three pointer and kept throwing them up and they didn't get their usual free throw advantage.

Hopefully IU can force the switch on D and keep Kofi away from the basket. If he guards TJD I can see a lot of drives from TJD who has better foot speed but that means he needs to finish or find the open shooters because everyone will be collapsing on him. If Kofi guards Race he may have to stay out there to respect the three. The other side of the coin is simple, if Kofi is able to just sit in the paint on D it's going to be a long day.

IU will need a big team rebounding game.

• Like 2

I know this is probably bad to say, but I hope we return to "Hall of Calls" Saturday. I want to see Kofi being in foul trouble early. I want to be able to talk to some Illini fans and hear them complain about the home cooking the Hoosiers got, because I will tell them I don't give a crap, IU has been on the short end of that stick at times also. 😁

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I know this is probably bad to say, but I hope we return to "Hall of Calls" Saturday. I want to see Kofi being in foul trouble early. I want to be able to talk to some Illini fans and hear them complain about the home cooking the Hoosiers got, because I will tell them I don't give a crap, IU has been on the short end of that stick at times also. 😁

UI had the halls of calls last night. Kofi was getting away with a lot. I am more than ok with it; it is our turn 😃

• Like 1

Just looking at the standings and schedules, this really is a big game. Huge difference between 8-4 and 7-5 in the conference. 

Also in looking at who the teams above IU play this weekend, while I understand upsets happen in the Big Ten, there are very few games over the next 4 days where teams above us play each other or play teams where you'd expect a loss. 

Maybe Michigan against Purdue Saturday, but that's at Purdue. Maybe MSU at Rutgers since it's on the road. 

But, most of the top teams are at home against lower tier teams over the next 4 days. 

We need this game to keep pace and keep it a "top 6" in the conference as opposed to a "top 5" with IU grouped in the 6-10 teams range. 

• Like 7