Illinois pre game

Hoosierfan1901

2 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Just reading between the lines, sounds like it was both a matchup issue and Woody trying to light a fire under Durr.

Now wait...

Our last two games were PSU and Maryland...

Durr doesn't matchup with Harrar and Wahab?

I think there was a little more to it than matchup...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Now wait...

Our last two games were PSU and Maryland...

Durr doesn't matchup with Harrar and Wahab?

I think there was a little more to it than matchup...

Harrar plays more out of the pick and roll than he does out of the low post. Neither of those players are going to kill you posting up. Cockburn lives in the post 

Durr is better banging in the post. Lacks the post speed to play the pick and roll

7 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Harrar plays more out of the pick and roll than he does out of the low post. Neither of those players are going to kill you posting up. Cockburn lives in the post 

Durr is better banging in the post. Lacks the post speed to play the pick and roll

We were up 39-10 against Penn State at one point in the first half...

I don't know...doesn't sound right to me...maybe like @FKIM01 says, he was trying to light a fire... But I'm not buying the matchup excuse... 

• Like 1

Catch 22. I don't want the officials injecting themselves into the game....but if they say have at it that would definitely favor Kofi. 

Run high ball screens on Kofi to death please. Until he shows he can stop it I would start there. I also think TJD is going to have ample opportunities to dump to Race today so I'm calling 22 points for Race. Hope we get the W! 

• Like 4

Are they going to protect the 7’er and call tic tac fouls like they have been? Does IU finally get a little help with home court officiating? 

I’m not a big basketball mind but I’d let Kofi get his and shut down behind the arc. Kofi will have a hard time with the rotation, but as long as the guards can protect the arc, we should be in good shape. 

• Like 1