Illinois pre game

Hoosierfan1901

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Either Race or do what Purdue does and bring one of your 2 best bigs off the bench.  Start Durr over Race.  

Purdue does that because it's their normal rotation. It's how they've played every game this season. They don't mix/match Edey and Williams based on different opponents. 

I would be absolutely stunned if we started a guy who hasn't played in two games and even when he does play only averages 7mpg. I don't think I've ever seen a coach do that, especially when it would mean benching one of your best players. 

I would be very intrigued though to see a stretch where we go Race and JG and just put Cockburn in a ton of ball screen actions. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I honestly can’t think of a worse scenario for our offense than having TJD and Durr on the floor together. 

Is that just based on Race hitting jumpers the last 2 games because Durr has hit some pretty non jumping jumpers.  The big guy would get all those open jumpers that Race has historically missed.  I'm not suggesting they play together frequently but it may open the floor even more for Trayce.  

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is that just based on Race hitting jumpers the last 2 games because Durr has hit some pretty non jumping jumpers.  The big guy would get all those open jumpers that Race has historically missed.  I'm not suggesting they play together frequently but it may open the floor even more for Trayce.  

It’s not just jumpers - Race can play with the ball in his hands and is significantly more mobile than Durr.

Durr has a very good 15-18’ shot, I’m not discounting that. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It’s not just jumpers - Race can play with the ball in his hands and is significantly more mobile than Durr.

Durr has a very good 15-18’ shot, I’m not discounting that. 

For sure.  Maybe 2 or 3 trips down the court together for a high low game.  Force kofi out of his element and let Durr bang and hang all over him.  May pay dividends late in the 2nd half.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

For sure.  Maybe 2 or 3 trips down the court together for a high low game.  Force kofi out of his element and let Durr bang and hang all over him.  May pay dividends late in the 2nd half.  

I can see that, I just would worry a lot about it clogging the paint for X. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I can see that, I just would worry a lot about it clogging the paint for X. 

Yeah.  I would strictly do it maybe 2 or 3 offensive trips. Let Durr set the high screen, pick and pop, meanwhile Trayce is sealing up as down low as he can go.  Durr either lets a jumper fly with trayce in good rebounding position or Durr hits him down low, potentially with a smaller defender or kofi out of position.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I hope this is a joke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/378629002

He gets $15,000 if they beat us or Missouri.  Wow.  How do you say we are inferior to you and have a major complex about it without actually saying that.

If an AD at Indiana put a clause like that in a coach's contract, I would be pissed at the message that sends.  

Thanks Illinois administration though, I always knew that Indiana was the better program, glad to see them acknowledge it.

• Like 2