Some polls to keep us busy until Saturday

Final 9 game reckonings  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What will IU's record be over the final 9 games of the season?

• 7-2 or better
    • 6-3
    • 5-4
    • 4-5
    • 3-6 or worse
  2. 2. What will be our final place in the Big Ten standings?

• 1st or 2nd
    • 3rd or 4th
    • 5th or 6th
    • 7th or worse
  3. 3. How many games behind the 1st place team (in the Big Ten) will we finish the season

• 0 - we are winning this thing!
    • 1 game - why did we lose that game in Wisconsin
    • 2 to 3 games back - and Iowa and PSU?
    • 4-5 games back
    • 6 or more games back - the wheels fall off the wagon

I wanted to to say 7-2 because I can actually see it happening.  I can also see 5-4 happening.  But this team seems to be rolling now outside of Michigan shooting 677% against us.  

We finally went on the road and stepped on the throat against Maryland.  That bodes well for the future.  If we beat Illinois, no way we no show at Northwestern.  Thats the old way and after no showing against Michigan after Purdue, I don't see it.  I believe we beat the crying Tom Izzos as well.  We are a match up problem for them.  And we are going to beat Wisconsin's a at home.  

I like what I see but even beating Illinois and MSU, pissing away huge first half leads to Wisconsin and Iowa and losing to Penn st for no reason are just too much to get us to first.  Oh what could have been.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I wanted to to say 7-2 because I can actually see it happening.  I can also see 5-4 happening.  But this team seems to be rolling now outside of Michigan shooting 677% against us.  

We finally went on the road and stepped on the throat against Maryland.  That bodes well for the future.  If we beat Illinois, no way we no show at Northwestern.  Thats the old way and after no showing against Michigan after Purdue, I don't see it.  I believe we beat the crying Tom Izzos as well.  We are a match up problem for them.  And we are going to beat Wisconsin's a at home.  

I like what I see but even beating Illinois and MSU, pissing away huge first half leads to Wisconsin and Iowa and losing to Penn st for no reason are just too much to get us to first.  Oh what could have been.  

4-5 or 3-6 is also very possible unfortunately. Shouldn’t be worse than 3-6 to jeopardize our tourney chances though. 

12 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

4-5 or 3-6 is also very possible unfortunately. Shouldn’t be worse than 3-6 to jeopardize our tourney chances though. 

That's where I was...4-5.  I love everyone's optimism and I hope you all are right, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I'll be satisfied with 4-5 in that meat grinder, especially if IU stays in the games.

That in my mind would still be a very successful 1st season for Woody.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I think 3-6 with a loss in the first game of the BTT would even jeopardize our tourney chances. Maybe still get in, but I would be nervous on selection sunday.

Our non-conference was weak, so our entire dossier is our big ten performance. 10-10 should be good enough to get it done, but 10-10 with mediocre performance down the stretch and ND being our "hang our hat" non-conference win sounds pretty bubbly (or is that Bublé?) to me. 

EDIT: If ND can continue their ascendancy and finish second in the ACC, that will help our cause some.

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

I think 3-6 with a loss in the first game of the BTT would even jeopardize our tourney chances. Maybe still get in, but I would be nervous on selection sunday.

Our non-conference was weak, so our entire dossier is our big ten performance. 10-10 should be good enough to get it done, but 10-10 with mediocre performance down the stretch and ND being our "hang our hat" non-conference win sounds pretty bubbly (or is that Bublé?) to me. 

I think Woody is going to be much better in tournament settings than his predecessors...just a hunch. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

We have a very talented and confident team. I voted 6-3, but I honestly think we'll go 7-2. We will lose a close game to MSU and take PU to overtime but lose. The other games we will win. IU will be peaking during the B1G and NCAA tourneys. Defense wins games.

giphy (13).gif

• Like 2

My optimism is based mostly on the play of Xavier Johnson. We are lacking the kinda player like a Jaden Ivey or Johnny Davis, but I really think we have an interesting 6 weeks ahead of us.  The culture feels really good for the first time in forever, and this team seems to have a little bit of that "It Factor".  I have this feeling that we are going to do something special, laying the foundation for this program moving forward.  I can't see us winning at Purdue, but all other games are ones I give us a chance to win.  If we can get on a shooting streak going into the tournament, I think we can go deeper than any of us have cared to dream of since Cody and Vic were here.  BTW- I think this team would beat that team 6/10 times.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

More like 9-0, win BTT, win the NCAA

34-5, and Woody finally gets his hand on a National Championship, since he missed 76 and 81

During the awards ceremony, a moving bump appears in Coach Woody's stomach... out rips Dakich a-la-aliens.

He claims credit for the undefeated stretch at the end of the season.

IU turns themselves in for having had too many coaches on the sideline (even if they were unaware of Dakich spawning himself in Coach Woodson)

The title is stripped and Coach Crean is rehired after being fired by UGA to clean up the mess. We win 8 games next year.

(Dakich added, as is proper)

Edited by GaloisGroupe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

My optimism is based mostly on the play of Xavier Johnson. We are lacking the kinda player like a Jaden Ivey or Johnny Davis, but I really think we have an interesting 6 weeks ahead of us.  The culture feels really good for the first time in forever, and this team seems to have a little bit of that "It Factor".  I have this feeling that we are going to do something special, laying the foundation for this program moving forward.  I can't see us winning at Purdue, but all other games are ones I give us a chance to win.  If we can get on a shooting streak going into the tournament, I think we can go deeper than any of us have cared to dream of since Cody and Vic were here.  BTW- I think this team would beat that team 6/10 times.

Wow!  That team was soooo good!

in 40+ years of Mackey arena that might be the worst game 

it felt like we had 4 defenders 

8 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

During the awards ceremony, a moving bump appears in Coach Woody's stomach... out rips Dakich a-la-aliens.

He claims credit for the undefeated stretch at the end of the season.

IU turns themselves in for having had too many coaches on the sideline (even if they were unaware of Dakich spawning himself in Coach Woodson)

The title is stripped and Coach Crean is rehired after being fired by UGA to clean up the mess. We win 8 games next year.

(Dakich added, as is proper)

I forgot to mention that Dakich reminds everyone he shut down MJ in tournament.

As the reader, you should insert it in between all the other lines. 

To be fair, if I had defended MJ reasonably well, I would let everyone know as well. 

Edited by GaloisGroupe

50 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I think we can go deeper than any of us have cared to dream of since Cody and Vic were here.  BTW- I think this team would beat that team 6/10 times.

I don't think you remember how good that team was.  We were about 3 minutes away from beating Kentucky in the S16 and they went on to win a title that year. 

Sheehey, Hulls, Cody, Vic, Watford, Yogi was a pretty good team.  Out coached for sure, but out played, i don't know man, 6 out of 10?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't think you remember how good that team was.  We were about 3 minutes away from beating Kentucky in the S16 and they went on to win a title that year. 

Sheehey, Hulls, Cody, Vic, Watford, Yogi was a pretty good team.  Out coached for sure, but out played, i don't know man, 6 out of 10?

Agreed.  That team had several things this one doesn't.

• Consistent knockdown shooters (Hulls & Watford)
  • A stud lockdown defender (Vic)
  • A big who was comfortable handling the ball on the perimeter Zeller, though he could not shoot outside either)

I'll give this year's team the advantage in experience at PG and in coaching.

Talent wise, it would be something like a 8-2 advantage to the Zeller team.  Woody might coach an extra win or 2 out of his guys, so I would say 6-4 the other way might be believable.